- Gender and Relationships
Showing You Care
We all need to know someone cares.
It's one of those little facts of life, we all need to know that someone cares. We need to know that we matter to someone. We are all social beings who need the warmth and comfort of those who care.
So how do we know someone cares about us and how do we show them we care? It's really not that hard. It doesn't have to cost much either. As a matter of fact, many ways for show you care cost you nothing but a little bit of time.
Someone who cares will genuinely want to know how you are, how your day went. Someone who cares will care about what you have to say. Someone who care will listen, really listen.
I am one of the lucky ones. I have a husband that is well versed in showing he cares in little ways. A smile as he walks by, holding my hand when we walk, a little kiss here and there, an "I love you" whenever. He doesn't hesitate to fix dinner when I am running late, or throw in a load of laundry. Do I fell loved? You bet I do!
Showing Your Husband You Care
I love you honey
As I said before everyone needs to be shown that somebody cares. As secure as your relationship is with your husband is, he still needs to be shown every now and then that you love him.
There are many, many ways to show your other half your love. My husband loves to be pampered so for him breakfast in bed occasionally is an appreciated luxury. I'm not saying that you need to serve him breakfast in bed every day like he's royalty but once in a great while will really score you points.
1. Tell him you love him.
2. Make him breakfast in bed.
3. Write him a little love note.
4. Plan a date night.
5. Give him a massage.
6, Flirt with him.
7. Ask for his advice.
8. Hold his hand.
9. Buy him a gift, a little something he's been wanting.
10. Give him your undivided attention.
11. Make him his favorite meal.
12. Wear his favorite outfit.
13. Give him a genuine compliment.
14. Dance in the kitchen while singing to him.
15. Let him know you appreciate him.
16. Let him have some guy time.
17. Give him a little kiss as you go past him.
18. Pick up a little treat for him when you are at the store.
19. Hold his hand.
20. Call him just to say Hi.
21. Take an interest in his hobbies.
22. Laugh with him.
23. Write a poem.
24. Make a card for him.
25. Leave little love notes around the house for him to find.
26. Don't nag.
27. Support him in his goals and dreams.
28. Listen to him, really listen to him.
29. Trust him/
30. Plan a romantic dinner for the two of you.
Glass Of Wine With A Candle by Vera Kratochvil on ://www.publicdomainpictures.net
If you are looking for unique, romantic ideas for your other half this is the book for you. There are ideas for everything from a moonlight sail to an aphrodisiac snack.
Showing Your Wife You Care
I love you a bushel and a peck
Remember that song? It's one of those that was popular a long time ago. It's fun and goofy but it gets the idea across.
Every woman needs to be pampered every now and then. It can be as simple as coming home with an inexpensive little bouquet of flowers or even a candy bar that you know she likes. Take a moment in the morning to make the bed, put your clothes in the hamper, take your shoes out of the middle of the floor. Give her a hug and a kiss - we love that.
1. Buy her flowers.
2. Make dinner.
3. Serve her breakfast in bed.
4. Tell her you love her.
5. Make the bed.
6. Buy her a romantic card.
7. Hold her hand.
8. Cuddle with her while you watch a movie of her choice.
9. Take the children out to give her some alone time.
10. Give her a foot massage.
11. Tell her how beautiful she is.
12. Compliment her.
13. Take her out to dinner.
14. Tell her how much you appreciate her.
15. Do the dishes.
16. Listen to her, really listen.
17. Sing her praises to anyone who will listen.
18. Turn off the TV and talk to her.
19. Ask her advice.
20. Be patient.
21. Take a walk, just the two of you.
22. Set up a regular date night.
23. Write her a love note.
24. Sing her a song.
25. Kiss her, often.
26. Buy her candy.
27. Finish a home improvement project.
28. Admit it when you are wrong.
29. Be honest.
30. Be silly and laugh with her.
I Love You a Bushel and a Peck
Showing Your Child You Care
There's nothing like the love between a mother or father and a child. They can be you pride and joy one minute and you pain in the butt the next. They wrap themselves around you heartstrings and never let go. There's something about your child looking at you and saying "I Love You" that can melt you.
Maternal love is one of those bonds that cannot be broken. The bond between a mother and child lays the groundwork for social, emotional, and cognitive development. Without this strong bond the child will have problems forming attachments throughout it's life.
Paternal love is as important as maternal love. There is a slightly different type of bond between the father and child but it is as important in the development of socialization, emotional health and cognitive learning as the mothers bond. Don't underestimate the influence of either type of bond.
A child needs to know there is someone there to love and protect them. I have three girls and I would fight to the death to protect them. They know this and have grown up with the knowledge that I am always there for them, as they are now for their own children.
Here are a few ways you can let them know you care:
1. Give them a hug.
2. Get to know their interests.
3. Play a game with them.
4. When possible let them work out their own problems.
5. Keep your promises to them.
6. Believe in them.
7. Spend some time with them.
9. Tell them you love them.
10. Tuck a little not into their lunchbox.
11. Make them their favorite dinner.
12. Ask how their day was.
13. Laugh with them.
14. Listen, really listen to them.
15. Include them in a decision.
16. Tell them how proud you are of them.
17. Comfort them when they are hurt or upset.
18. Take their problems seriously. (you may thing they're nothing but to them they are.)
19. Teach them how to make the right decisions.
20. Give them your undivided attention.
21. Talk to them.
22. Set boundaries for them, stick to them, and discipline them fairly when they break them.
23. Look them in the eye.
24. Get silly with them.
25. Say I understand and mean it.
26. Take an interest in their interests.
27. Avoid lecturing.
28. Word things positively. Instead of don't or no, tell them what they can do.
29. Be honest with them.
30. Surprise them with a special treat, just because.
Love Message by George Hodan on ://www.publicdomainpictures.net
The recipes in this wonderful cookbook are both easy enough for your child to make and healthy. There are such great recipes as PB&J Milkshakes, guarantee to please even the pickiest eater.
Showing Your Parent You Care
Growing up many of us had the kind of loving and secure childhood where the parents took care of us. They were always there to lend a hand, wipe a tear, and give a hug. Our parents taught us the difference between right and wrong, a lie and the truth.
They helped us learn the value of honesty, dignity, and hard work. Though it all they loved us unconditionally. Now it's time to show them a little appreciation. It's time for us to show how much we care and appreciate all they have done.
Here's some suggestions:
1. Make time for them.
2. Take them out for a coffee or snack.
3. Tell them you love them.
4. Make their favorite dinner.
5. Get them a gift, just because.
6. Give them a hug.
7. Spend so time going down Memory Lane with them.
8. Include them in your family activities.
9. Listen to them.
10. ask their advice.
11. Send them a sentimental card just for the heck of it.
12. Buy them something you know they have been wanting.
13. Make a little gift for them yourself. Nothing says love like homemade.
Your parents will love this motion sensor frame. They will be able to enjoy the frame working automatically without all the bother of having to set it themselves. While you're at it, why not fill it with family pictures?
Showing Your In Laws You Care
Love his familly
There are oodles of jokes out there about in laws. Some of them are really funny. I can't use them. I have the greatest in laws around.
My mother in law thinks I am the best thing since sliced bread. Guess what, I feel the same way about her.
My sister in law introduced me to her brother, now my husband. A match made in heaven.
My brother in law and his wife are my friends. We enjoy going out together.
What more could I ask for? I'm a lucky girl.
I know it's not easy for most people to have a happy comfortable relationship with their in laws. But think about this. The man or woman that you love is a part of them. So try to show a little love.
If you can't show love try to get along. Here are a few suggestions to help:
1. Become involved in their traditions.
2. Speak kindly to and about them.
3. Ask for a favorite recipe.
4. Ask for help.
5. Show them you respect their opinion.
6. Be polite.
7. Call up and invite them out to lunch.
8. Compliment them.
9. Smile a lot.
10. Thank them for raising such a wonderful son or daughter.
11. Get to know them.
12. Let them spend time alone with your other half.
13. Don't compete with them.
14. Be sensitive to their feelings.
15. Ask them out for a girls or guys day.
16. Remember to say thank you.
17. Show a positive attitude.
18. Be attentive. have a chat, let her help.
19. Show them you love your other half. They want them to be happy.
20. Let them into your life.
21. Call just to say hi.
Woman With Phone Smiling by Petr Kratochvil on ://www.publicdomainpictures.net
Showing Your Friends You Care
Best friend love
Friends are in a class of their own. You're not related by blood but you feel like you should be. They are your oasis when you're feeling scared, your comic partner when you're feeling silly, and your crying towel when you are feeling hurt and alone.
You love them like a sister or brother and depend on them to be there when you need them. Just as they depend on you to have their back. For someone as special as this to you, you need to make sure you let them know just how much you do care.
I have a friend that I have had for many, many years that means the world to me. She lives 6 states away now and we tend to lose touch when we get busy. But, you know what? I can pick up a phone after not talking to her for a few months and we can pick up on a conversation like we talked to each other the day before. A friend like that deserves to be shown you care.
A few little ways to show your friend you care:
1. Compliment them.
2. Send them a card, just because.
3. Thank them for being your friend.
4. Make a CD of their favorite music.
5. Let them pick the plans for the night.
6. Take them out to lunch.
7. Let them be right.
8. Ask how they're doing.
9. Be honest.
10. Tell them you like them just the way they are.
11. Offer to help them do a chore they are not looking forward to doing.
12. Ask about their day.
13. Trust them.
14. Post a funny photo on their facebook.
15, Tell their other half about something you know they would really like to have.
16. Cheer them up.
17. Share a memory and a laugh.
18. Remember their birthday.
19. Sent them an encouraging email.
20. Call them just to say hi.
21. Share a secret.
22. Take your friend out for a cup of coffee or latte.
Coffee Latte by Petr Kratochvil on ://www.publicdomainpictures.net
Quotes to show you care
...and to help you write a little note
Some of us don't have the gift of gab or the soul of a poet. For those I have included some quotes that may help you write a little note or even compose a little poem.
Everytime I see you, I fall in love all over again.
You are my best friend as well as lover, and I do not know which side of you I enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together.
I have never had anyone love me the way you love me. I have never loved anyone the way I love you. Thank you God for showing us the way to each other.
If I know what love is, it is because of you.
We came together underneath the stars above. What started out as liking, soon developed into love. I sense a certain something that, in my heart, felt so true that I knew I waited all my life to fall in love with you.
Our best days are still ahead of us. There is so much to be done. So many places all over the world that I want to see with you. So many songs that I want to dance with you. You bring so much happiness to me.
It was not into my ear you whispered but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed but my soul.
A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.
Daughters are angels sent from above to fill out hearts with unending love.
A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.
There never has been, nor will there ever be, anything quite as special as the love between a mother and a son.
Sons are the anchors of a mother's life.
No love is greater than that of a father for his son.
It is not flesh and blood, but hearts which make us fathers and sons.
If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?
Mothers are like fine collectibles - as the years go by, they increase in value.
God could not be everywhere so he created mothers.
All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my mother.
Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
The older I get the smarter my father seems to get.
The greatest gift I ever had came from God I call him Dad.
Fatherhood - the toughest job you'll ever love.
A Father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.
We never know the love of our parents for us until we have become parents.
Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.
A garden of love grows in a grandmother's heart.
Grandma serves kisses, counsel, and cookies daily.
Grandmothers sprinkles stardust over children's lives.
Once blessed with a wonderful mother, I am twice blessed with my mother in law.
A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.
Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.
If friends were flowers, I'd pick you.
It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.
Friends are kisses blown to us by angels.
Sayings and Sentiment
This little book packs a huge selection of sayings. You are sure to find one perfect for you.
- Great Just Because Gift Ideas For Her, Him and Them-...
Giving a gift just because will go much further and mean a lot more. A predetermined holiday already has it's meaning and has been distorted to pressure you into gift giving instead
- 10 Little Ways To Show Your Husband You Care
A lighthearted look at sweet things you can do to show a man you love him.
- Ways to Show Teenagers That You Care
What do you do to show that you care when touching is awkward and conversation is challenging? Here are nine practical ways to maintain emotional attachment between adults and teens.
- You’re Important to Me: Five Simple Ways to Show Y...
Because your relationships are important to you, you take the time to tell those around you how much you value them. While these verbal expressions are important and necessary, they cannot compare to actions that express the same feelings. The follow
- Showing you care through True Leadership - Love & Hu...
Social issues have now moved online and onto social networking platforms, onto writers platforms and various forums. It's imperative to learn to treat one another today, with care and playing fair.