- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
wedding planning help
Helpful tips and tricks to make your wedding planning less stressful
I created this site as I got married last year and realised how stressfull prepairing and planning a wedding can be.
I hope the information here provides some assistance and help so you can plan your wedding day without all the stress!.
I have included a wedding checklist, a budget planner and lots of links to help you choose a wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, Suit for your groom, best man and ushers and invitations, save the date, gifts, favours and decorations as well as telling you a bit about our big day.
When I started planning our wedding I realised there were so many different things to remember, and so many different things to arrange that I'd have to write it all down in a list.
I used this list to tick off things i'd done and write notes about good ideas i'd had and to help me remember what I still needed to do!.
- Decide on a date for your wedding
- Put an announcement in the newspaper
- Choose your maid of honor, bridesmaids & best man
- Decide on what you can afford & set the budget
- Research and buy wedding insurance
- Start researching ideas & venues by talking to your friends and family, looking on the internet or going to wedding fairs
- Make a guest list for the ceremony and the evening reception
- Make sure you don't forget to book time off work
- Book the venue for your ceremony & for your reception if different
- Visit the registry office & sort out the paperwork required to get married and give your notice
- Book the catering for your wedding breakfast and evening buffet and the bar if your venue doesn't offer this
- Organise chair covers if your venue doesn't provide this
- Book your first night at a hotel and sort out hotels for your guests who are traveling
- Come up with ideas of themes and colour schemes & the general feel of your wedding
- Buy invitations for the whole day and just the evening and send them out in plenty of time
- Sort out table plan for reception
- Buy your wedding stationery ie table plan, place cards, order of service, thank you cards
- Choose your first dance song and entrance and exit music for you ceremony & evening reception
- Choose readings & poems for your service
- Prepare speeches for reception
- the usual speeches are by
- Father of the bride, or both the brides parents
- Best man
- Other speeches and readings can be done by
- Maid of Honor, bridesmaids, brothers or sisters
- Buy or hire your dress and get alterations done if needed
- Look here for ideas
- Buy or hire your veil, tiara, shoes & jewelry
- Hire suits for the groom, best man, ushers & fathers
- Buy or hire dresses for the bridesmaids
- Choose & buy your wedding rings
- Decide on order of service
- Order you wedding cake
- Reserve your photographer/video company
- Buy disposable cameras for guests tables
- Hire the wedding cars
- Make travel arrangements for you and your guests
- Choose a shop to have your wedding gift list and pick the items you would like
- Buy bridesmaid's best man and ushers gifts
- Buy gifts for both your mothers
- Book wedding entertainment, dj, magician, band, musician etc.
- Book hair appointments & experiment with styles
- Book make-up artist & experiment with styles
- Book florist for bride, groom, ushers, bridesmaids, family & the venue/s
- Buy favors to put on your guests tables
- Organise a hen and stag party
- Make sure your bridesmaids, best man & ushers know what they are expected to do on the day
- Confirm all arrangements with your venue, catering, entertainment, transport, hotel bookings
- Plan the honeymoon and book it
- Choose going away clothes
- Check both passports are valid and changed to your married name
- Organise inoculations if required
- Buy travel insurance
- Notify banks, doctors, dentists, the inland revenue, and other services about your change of surname
- Write thank you cards
Do-It-Yourself Wedding Tips
Our Wedding Day
We got married on 19th June 2010 in Cambridgeshire, UK
We had quite a big wedding with nearly 100 guests and then honeymooned in the Maldives.
We chose a theme of 'Enchanted' as my nickname is Pixie and i've always wanted a fairytail wedding. I also love the colour purple so used purple and white as the colour theme.
Purple Wedding Favors
Bespoke Wedding Stationary
If you would like your own bespoke wedding stationary look no further as I can design what ever you require.
I can even build you a website so your friends and family can see the details and plans of your special day.
Simply click on the Pix & Mix link below and send us an email or give us a call.
We also stock a large range of Wedding Invitations, Stationery and Favors that you can customize and personalize including:
Wedding Invitations, Save the Date Magnets and Postcards, Thank you cards, Envelopes, Place Setting Name Cards, Address Labels, Ring Binders, Stickers, Postage Stamps, Glasses, Necklaces and Favour Bags. Here's just a few of the designs available to buy.
Come WEDDING DRESS Shopping with Me! + Tips for Brides!
Wedding Budget - Below is a budget planner for you to print and fill in.
ITEM .................................................................................. £
- Save the date cards or fridge magnets
- Invitations, envelopes & postage
- Order of services, table plan & place names
- Thank you cards, envelopes & postage
- Wedding Insurance
- Travel Insurance for your honeymoon
- Church or Civil ceremony fees
- Reception hall hire
- Wedding Breakfast
- Buffet food for the evening
- Tables, chairs, cutlery & chair covers
- Cake boxes
- Cake knife
- Wedding favours
- First night in hotel
- Dress alterations
- Vail, Tiara, Jewellary
- Other accessories
- Hair, Make-up & Beauty treatments
- Grooms Suit
- Cuff links
- Bridesmaid Dresses
- Best mans suit
- Cuff links
- Flower girls Dress
- Ushers suits
- Cuff links
- Brides Bouquet
- Bridesmaids Flowers
- Coursages & Buttonholes
- Flowers for the venue
- Decorations for reception room and tables
- Photograph albums
- Disposable cameras for guests tables
- Stag & Hen partys
- Gifts for Matron of honor, bridesmaids,
- best man and ushers
- Gifts for mothers of the bride and groom
- Guest book and pen
Wedding Registry Tips and Ideas + Our Experience!
Wishing Trees or Guest Books
I wanted something a little different at our wedding instead of the usual guest book so I decided to make a wishing tree, our guests wrote messages on little labels that they hang on the tree.
My tree was made from purple and white twigs that were put in to a huge wicker vase, the twigs were decorated with feathers and covered in fairy lights with small purple and white spotted toadstool decorations to go with the whole 'Enchanted' theme.
Wedding Guest Books on Amazon
I also found reading books very helpful in planning my wedding, family and friends had bought me a few as gifts for my engagement and found these extreamly useful especially in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep.