Does Witchcraft Really Work?
What is witchcraft?
Witchcraft is any practice that uses occult means (outside of the revelation given by God) to produce effects beyond the natural powers of man, involving the intervention of spirits. Witchcraft is sought for different reasons. Among them: to do harm or seek revenge, to make someone fall in love, to invoke the dead (necromancy), to raise calamity or impotence against enemies, rivals, real or imagined oppressors, to solve a problem that has become an obsession, etc.
some of the elements involved in witchcraft include:
- The performance of ritual or symbolic gestures
- The use of substances and material objects that have symbolic meaning
- Verbalizing or pronouncing a spell
Witchcraft consists of rituals for making spells, some of which require special herbs. There are also words of incantation, curses or hexes that can be written for greater power.
Does wicthcraft have real power?
Through witchcraft, one can succeed professionally either as an artist, business professional, military, political, etc. These people may seem very attractive and have a great gift of winning people to the point of attracting large crowds and become gods to their fans. The powers of evil can blind the minds of the fans, even to the point where they would be willing to do irrational things for them. Witchcraft is not a mere superstition. The devil can certainly drag into his evil kingdom those who engage in it and their groupies.
Testimony of a former witch
What does the bible say about witcraft and occult practices?
The bible takes a clear position on this subject, strongly denouncing these practices:
- Exodus 22:18: Death is the punishment for witchcraft. (Contemporary English Version)
- Deuteronomy 18:10-11: Don't let anyone use magic or witchcraft. No one should try to explain the meaning of signs, | don't let anyone try to control others with magic. Don't let them be mediums or try to talk with the spirits of dead people. (New Century Version)
- Galatians 5:19-20: The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions. (New International Version)
- Revelations 21:8: But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic or witchcraft, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. (New International Version)
Judging by these bible verses, it is obvious that God is very intolerant of witchcraft. In fact, God is intolerant of any occult practices, including divination, psychic reading, fortune telling, tarot card reading, consulting with mediums, astrology, numerology, seances, telepathy, etc. Getting involved in these types of occult practices can be dangerous because you may end up opening doors and entering into an unknown mystical spiritual realm, which is not meant for us humans to get acquainted with. The bible indicates that these practices are part of demonic strategy of evil tricks and deception designed to lead us astray. Witchcraft involves the belief in an invisible reality to which the practitioner becomes imprisoned, tied to or bound by it, making a pact (knowingly or unconsciously) with evil spirits. Getting involved in occult practices can lead to demonic possession (Acts 16:16-18). Whomever dares to open the door to evil spirits, is therefore, inviting them in, and giving them the legal right to take possession.