- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
Online Bible Verses - Philippians Chapter 2: Self Check
“Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. ” Philippians 2:14-16NIV
Orthodox Christian theology conveys the following:
1. People are born with an innate flaw. A terminal flaw, which if left unaddressed, will maintain a state separate from God. True union with Him will not be possible.
2. God, in the form of His Son, condescended and provided a means of bridging the divide between God and man. Man has been offered full access to that bridge.
3. He/she who embraces and accepts that offer becomes a new creation. He/she is, in effect, born again.
4. God has then been given the go ahead to shape and mold him/her into the person He wants them to be.
Given the transformation and growth process outlined, people claiming to be born again believers in Christ should be wonderful people. Like it says, blameless and pure. Shining stars.
So today’s verse, for me and I am sure for some others, serves as a self-check. Sometimes it is really good to just ponder our walk with God. Do some self-evaluation, look back over the past 5 years and ask ourselves how we have grown. Maybe talk to Him about remaining/known weak points, ask for continued help. Humble ourselves before Him.
I have completed my self-evaluation. Conclusion is we are not there yet, God has some more work to do.