Significance of Space Clearing in Feng Shui and Cleansing Procedure
Feng Shui Space Clearing Ceremony
Space clearing is a technique used to cleanse the environment of the negative energy and replace it with positive energy. Whenever the chi within an environment becomes inactive it will become reflected on those who live by making them feel constantly tired, depressed or in a bad mood. It can affect all the aspects of the person's life like family life, career and health among many other things. Space clearing is one of the first procedures that an Expert Feng Shui practitioner would perform or recommend for cleansing and purifying the chi and enhance the quality of energy in the space.
When to do a Feng Shui space clearing
Space clearing is required as we and the environment we live are connected and affect each other. For your life to work well it is essential to have a good flow of clear, vibrant energy in your home and workplace. A Space Clearing is normally done to remove the negative energy and replace stagnant energy it with positive energy
- After Clearing the Clutter.
- When moving into a new house or office it is advisable that you clear the house's chi in order to make sure it is new, clean, positive and free of any negative factors which the last inhabitants might have left.
- When moving into a renovated house
- If there are arguments, worry, stress, anxiety, bad luck, health problems, relationship issues or negativity of any type it is recommendable to do a space clearing in order to make sure that the negative chi is eliminated.
- After significant events like marriage or the birth of a child or the death of a dear one.
- When there are rooms that aren't lived in.
- If you are planning to sell your home and not been able to find one.
- If you have been feeling stuck or hopeless about some aspect of your life and want to move forward or when wanting to make a fresh start. This can be either personally or professionally.
- When you are planning to build a commercial or residential building.
- When you have acquired antiques or old artifacts you also accumulate the vibrations of the previous owner so it is essential to remove all negative vibrations.
- Space clearing ceremonies are often done during the new or full moon cycles or special days like birthdays, New Year or days that are astrologically auspicious.
Before doing a space clearing it is essential to clean the house thoroughly. After the clutter clearing make sure to add the objects representing the four elements (water, fire, earth and air) within the environment which needs to be cleared. Often a space clearing ceremony will begin with the lighting of incense and candles and placing fresh flowers into a vase or bowl of water.
Lillian Too's Feng Shui Space Clearing Kit has a book which explains in simple terms how to purify your living space. This Kit has all things needed for the space clearing ritual to enhance the energies of your home including the 7 metals Singing Bowl which alone is worth the small price paid and much more! You won't be disappointed, I promise!
How to do a Space Clearing Ceremony
I am giving a simple procedure for doing Space clearing in which rock sea salt is used for the cleansing process. Sprinkle Salt around the periphery of each room by walking in a counterclockwise direction paying special attention to the corners where stagnant energy tends to get accumulated. Leave the salt for at least 24 hours before removing it so that all negative energy is fully absorbed and the energy is cleansed. First of all ensure that the house is clutter free. After mopping the floors dispose the salt used by putting it down a drain and running cold water until it washed off completely. Make sure you open a window or door and allow fresh air to circulate throughout the room. To break up negative or stagnant energy ring the Tingsha Bells or Tibetan Singing Bowl or simply clap the hands with hands outstretched and by walking around the entire room. After that light some sage or juniper wand and allow the smoke to cover the rooms by going into all the rooms and fanning the smoke. Dispose off the sage ashes after it is extinguished. Once it is done take a bath after adding a small amount of sea salt in the bathwater.
Once Space clearing is done one may notice a good improvement in life. In fact it improves the quality of life more effectively than any other Feng Shui Technique. It is advisable to repeat the space clearing at regular intervals. Mopping the house with salt water, lighting Incense sticks and playing Mantras like the Gayatri Mantra or ‘Om Mani Padme Hum’ on a daily basis is a good idea for removing the negative energies.
Feng Shui Space Clearing Tips
© 2009 Anamika S