basics of palmistry
Basics of Palmistry
This should be used as a starting hub for anyone interested in palmistry.
Each portion has further links to more detailed pages on whatever it is that you would like to know more about.
Palmistry is the study of the human mind, personality, persona, even faculties and abilities and sometimes the life and future of an individual.
What does palmistry look at?
- Shape of the hands - with it shape of of the palms, the fingers, the relative size of the same. to know more see
- Lines on a palm - what do we look for? the major lines of course (see here) but also the number of lines, the crisscross, the depth (some call it darkness or lightness of lines) etc
- mounds on the palm - the size or the fleshyness as it is called in the business determines the influence of that mound on your life. see for more
Palmistry or chiromency (also spelled cheiromancy, Greek cheir (χειρ), “hand”; manteia (μαντεία), “divination”), is the art of characterization and foretelling the future through the study of the palm, also known as palm reading, or chirology. The practice is found all over the world, with numerous cultural variations. Those who practice chiromancy are generally called palmists, palm readers, hand readers, hand analysts,or chirologists.
Left or Right?
A lot of people ask me which hand should be read. left or right?
there are some theories / practices that professionals talk about:
- the dominant hand. i.e. that hand which does the most work. so if you do most of your jobs with the left hand then that is the one to read
- Hand reading based on the sex i.e. for men - right hand, for women - left hand. in both cases the opposite hand is used to read the spouse's fate.
- the born with hand Vs what you made hand - the logic is that God gave you a particular fate but with will power and your actions you have changed it to something else. the idea is to see which part of your life have you improved