jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

synchronicities

1. lovetherain profile image59
    lovetherainposted 4 months ago

Do you get synchronicities?

What are they?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image87
      Kathryn L Hillposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I had a new puppy that I didn't know how to handle. She barked at anything and everything all the time. I went to the dog park out of the blue one day. I usually have to contemplate such an adventure. When I got there, the place was empty. Then, the first person who came along told me she was a dog trainer. In peace and quiet she explained puppy training to me. She explained the importance of encouraging eye contact by working with the puppy for two weeks straights. She recommended rewarding her with treats every time she looked into my eyes, (during feeding sessions) to get her to tune into me and accept my commands.

She explained: A dog needs to accept that you are a guardian/leader he can trust. The top dog is the leader of the pack. You are that leader. Sometimes they just want their own way and if you let them have it, they won't bother to listen to you. These are the dogs who end up biting and barking when they become about 9 months old. They are wild and spoiled. Why? Because their owners never helped them calm down and instead, unknowingly encouraged their hyper-ness.

Strangely, this is true for children as well. For instance, you can't put your kids in school/daycare for twelve hours a day and expect that they automatically cooperate with you!

Today, as a Sub, I discovered I could use what I learned, (by working with my dog) in the classroom. I had the first grade students look at me and give me their attention first, rather than just yelling out authoritative commands. It worked very well!!

And my dog has totally calmed down and is starting to listen to me!

Coincidence or sychronicity?

lovetherainposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Neither. It is YOU putting work into what you do, to get a specific result (good job by the way, on both the kids and the dog)

Synchronicities you don't have to work at.

oh! what are syncronicities? I thought the chance meeting was synchronous because I needed help with dog behavior and a dog trainer came to the dog park the same time I did.

lovetherainposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I didn't look at it that way. That does seem to be a synchronicity.

I was focusing on your actions instead. It was a good story.

Thank You! smile

working