jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

IDEAS where do they come from, brain or mind?

1. eonsaway profile image56
    eonsawayposted 9 years ago

IDEAS where do they come from, brain or mind?

2. LoryRich profile image83
    LoryRichposted 9 years ago

The origin of "ideas" is a perplexing and intriguing question to some people. Is it the "mind" or the  "brain"? This hub propounds some possible clues and pointers for an interesting discussion. read more

3. profile image47
    ChelseaMarieposted 8 years ago

First lets give the words mind and brain working definitions for the way I use them here. Brain is the name of the actual organ that controls and regulates the physical mechanics of the entire human body, including serving as the conduit that ideas are transmitted by, but it it's self is not the executive that initiates the actual chain of reactions that sets the biochemical processes of the body into motion. It is like a computer, programmed to preform certain functions, yet unable to do anything without some one there to turn it on and tell it what to do.
       Mind however, refers to the "ghost in the machine" or in other words the creative intelligence that starts everything in motion by an act of will. Will in this sense can be taken to mean a force projected from a being creating the propulsion of change, or of movement within themselves and their environment. Therefore, operating under the understanding that an idea is the product of a creative act of an intelligent being having an inspiration or forming a new hypothesis, it is clear that the mind is the source of our ideas, and the brain is just a vehicle designed to enable us to act out our ideas in the material world.

4. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

They come from both.
    The brain is like an automatic mathematic machine and holds memories, the brain is also divided into two parts, one part is a logic faculty, the other a creative faculty. The Logic works in a yes or no fashion with memories. Creative faculty, turns and reverses the memories and during this process your reasoning develops an idea from your combination the two faculties.

Its like spelling the word " S.I.L.K" silk then ask you to tell me what cows drink

" Dont say milk"

5. mindmatters profile image61
    mindmattersposted 8 years ago

You can find a comprehensive answer to this question in my hub, Mindrevolution, published e few weeks ago.

6. profile image51
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

I agree with most of what ChelseaMarie said but I believe the "ghost in the machine" or the creative intelligence comes from our higher selves/our spirits or from the universal intelligence via spirit guides.

working