what does a new creation in christ mean?

1. Reality WithJames profile image51
    Reality WithJamesposted 8 years ago

what does a new creation in christ mean?

i misspelled my last question

2. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 8 years ago

In 2Corinthians 5:17, the Apostle Paul writes,"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;". First you must understand what it means to be in Christ. A person is in Christ if they have believed in His finished work on the cross. When you believe in your heart that Christ died for your sins and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, you are saved. By repenting of your sins, you are laying down your old life and taking up a new life of following Jesus and being more Christ like through the way you live. Your friends and family should be able to see the change in you. Paul goes on to say in the second half of that verse, "old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." My life changed dramatically when I realized my need for a Savior. I repented of my sin and began living my life for Christ. The Holy Spirit who dwells within you, guides and directs your paths. Hence you are now a new creation.

3. peterxdunn profile image59
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

To be born again like 'the risen' Christ you would have to become a constellation in the sky. When Jesus ascended to heaven he became the constellation that we know as Hercules.

Christ wasn't around at the 'creation' of the World in Genesis. Nor was he around at the big bang. He wasn't even around at the dawn of civilization 6000 years ago. He didn't create anything.

Belief in him is widespread today because the Roman emperor Constantine adopted Christianity as the official religion of the Roman Empire. St John - in the Book of Revelation - clearly identifies the Roman Empire as 'The Beast'. So the adoption of Christianity helped 'The Beast' prevail for centuries after the empire should have fallen apart. Some achievement.

working