jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think of Jehovahs Witnesses? Wrong? A nuisance? Loving but missguide

1. dingyskipper profile image66
    dingyskipperposted 8 years ago

What do you think of Jehovahs Witnesses? Wrong? A nuisance? Loving but missguided?

2. frogspawn profile image56
    frogspawnposted 8 years ago

Each to their own. They do what they do. What's the problem?
    At the end of the day it's different strokes. How can they be a problem, they're not commiting a crime, they're only a nuisance if you see them as one. Where I used to live they'd call round on a regular basis, handing out magazines etc.

My mum just answered the door, always informed them that she wasn't interested or religious. She's pass a few minutes with them and then they'd go on their way. She never saw it as a problem. Neither do I. I did the same - said I wasn't interested, politely.

Don't know if they're loving but misguided, either. Maybe so. I had a few friends that were raised witnesses. Can't say they were loving. If anything they were wild whenever their parents were out of sight/hearshot.

Maybe they are wrong (about their religion and teachings) but who's to know who is right, which religion really has the truthful answer? None, in my opinion.

3. Kebennett1 profile image60
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

I believe that they are loving but misguided. Any time someone adds to or takes away from the Word of God, the "Bible", then they are on the wrong track. That does not mean that they are bad. They believe what they believe and I do appreciate the fact that they as a "church" at least are active witnesses. Most churches now days are not. It is truly up to individuals who are Christians to spread the Word of God and lead people to God through Jesus Christ his Son.

4. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 8 years ago

i happen to believe the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses, and i would say they are kind and loving people on the whole...

They could become a nuisance, but it is up to you to tell them if you do not want them to call, they are not there to irritate you, just to share their beliefs, so if you really don't want to talk, just let them know..... they understand it is not always a convenient time they call at....... They do not wish to upset at all.

Closed to reply