jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you hold onto faith in times of trouble?

1. Lori O'Mel profile image64
    Lori O'Melposted 8 years ago

How do you hold onto faith in times of trouble?

2. providence profile image59
    providenceposted 8 years ago

That's the whole point of faith. You should believe even in times that you think everything's going to the dogs.

You should stop thinking about the problems first and ask yourself what you should be doing as a follower of that belief. Then with faith in your belief, you can face whatever the problem is.

3. Lady_E profile image73
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Keep on meditating and confessing the Word of God and it will drive away fearful thoughts and keep you strong inward.

E.g if you are in need, there is a verse in Phillipians that says "My God shall supply all my needs, according to his Riches in Glory". 

Hold on to the verse (don't doubt) and God will not let you down because He honours faith.  smile

4. Born Again 05 profile image79
    Born Again 05posted 8 years ago

Romans8:28 says, "And we know all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."  Because I love God, I know that He's in control of all that takes place in my life. In times of trouble my faith is tested. I trust in Him, pray to Him and know that He is in control. Going through trials strengthens my faith as I see the wonderous things that God can do and all the glory goes to Him!

5. Sanctus Vesania profile image61
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 8 years ago

Nobody "holds on" to faith, because faith is NOT something of man.  Faith is a gift from God.  If you find that you can't "hold on" to faith, then you never had it to begin with.

Closed to reply

working