jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are dreams today prophetic?

1. carolegalassi profile image60
    carolegalassiposted 8 years ago

Are dreams today prophetic?

In the Bible, dreams were very important, they pretty much told the dreamer about future events which had a great impact on their lives.  God spoke to the godly and the godless.  What do you think?  Have you every had a dream that came true and inturn effected your life, good or bad?

2. Lee Boolean profile image56
    Lee Booleanposted 8 years ago

As any believer can tell you, dreams and revelations stopped with well, revelations in the bible. At that point, god decided that we know all we ever need to know and therefore suddenly dreams turned into a coping mechanism for our minds.

3. goldenpath profile image71
    goldenpathposted 8 years ago

Revelation continues today.  Were it not so, God would cease to be God. 

Admittedly, many dreams are products of the mind and the environment coupled with the goings on in our lives.  However, is this not the ideal platform for deity to work in our lives?  He has the ability to formulate our dreams into meaningful templates for us.

Yes, I have had my share of visions and dreams.  They are deep and very personal.  I believe that my life environment contributed to His workings and timings in those dreams.

4. aoiffe379 profile image56
    aoiffe379posted 8 years ago

I agree with goldenpath. My question to  Lee Boolean is if dreams and visions ceased with the Bible,  to what is the Prophet Joel referring when he says in the latter days the old and young will have dreams and visions? I have had accurate dreams; and I                  tell about them in a hub I will publish soon called Dreamers Playmates which will be in two parts. These will be followed by  another hub called Dream Challenges.You can also read my hub Weird and Unexplained.

5. micadeolu profile image48
    micadeoluposted 6 years ago

Yes dreams had been prophetic, it is still so and will ever be. I have been a dreamer from my infant and have had numerous dreams in my life and most of them came as warnings and revelations.

I have also developed myself by God's help to interpret dreams. I also currently have a website where people all over the world visit to have their dreams interpreted by the Holy Spirit through my humble self.

6. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 5 years ago

My fiance said that before he proposed, he dreamed that his friends and family had surrounded him around his bed while he was sleeping, and woke him up to congratulate him on his engagement!

Then, his best friend--the girl who introduced us, also had a dream about our engagement before it happened!

After those dreams, he proposed!

We just got engaged over Christmas, and had been together six years, so I think it was God's way of telling him to hurry it up and put a ring on it!!

Beyonce-pun intended.... :-)

Prophetic! :-)