I dreamed I was in my dead grandmothers house and as I walked through I ended up in a grave yard...
I came across a grave with my name on it. what does this mean
hmcq, your dream could mean any number of things. But let's start with a few clarifications.
1. Was your grandmother recently dead when you had this dream?
2. Was your grandmother's death wasting or quick?
3. Did you go to her funeral?
Depending on your answers to these questions could entirely change the meaning of the dream.
We shall start at the top and work our way down.
1. If your grandmother hand just recently died when you had this dream, then likely it is just another way for you to find relief from your grief. You were walking through your grandmother's house, perhaps you had fond childhood memories of the place. Did it seem as when you last saw it, or more like it was when you were a child? Either way, it was most likely a way for you to reaffirm to yourself that your grandmother had passed on. The graveyard is symbolic, it is where things go to be put to rest. That you saw your own tombstone was most likely a sign that you were putting a close to the chapter of your life that your grandmother was part of. It was nothing bad, nor foreboding. it was simply a step that you had to take in order to let go of your pain.
2. If your grandmother's death was a wasting one, it is likely that you are simply suffering from questioning your own mortality. It happens to us all, and it's quite natural to contemplate one's own death after someone dear has died.
However, was her death quick, you walking through her house may well have been a case of confusion. You weren't expecting her to die, you never had a chance to say goodbye. Walking through an area she lived in was to give you a sense of closer about her death, and the grave with your name was nothing more than a reminder that Death comes to us all and is not something to fear.
3. If you did not manage to get to her funeral, you may be feeling guilt over not being able to pay your last respects to her. This would lead to you trying to find her in a familiar place, her home is the most likely choice, and by ending up in the graveyard, you feel that you may have failed. The tombstone with your name on it a mark of what you could not do.
I hope that my answer will help you.
Yours in Spirit,
by Brenda Barnes 2 years ago
What is the special name you use for your Grandmother?My maternal grandmother was Grannie and my paternal grandmother was Mamaw. My own precious (yes, I am partial) grandson calls me Ahsha.
by hawaiiangirl 6 years ago
What do you do if you meet a Japanese Grandmother who controls everything you do in your life?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|