jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can I counsel someone biblically over the loss of her 10 month old baby, and

1. profile image47
    nicnacmooshiesposted 7 years ago

How can I counsel someone biblically over the loss of her 10 month old baby, and not forgiving God?

2. scramble profile image65
    scrambleposted 7 years ago

Its tough but the book of Job is a good place to start. It is hard to accept that God knows best and sometimes things happen for the greater good. Bad things sometime lead to much better things and strengthen us.
    As parent of a 2.5 year old I cannot imagine what your friend is going through and pray for comfort for her and wisdom for yourself.

3. Precious Pearl profile image78
    Precious Pearlposted 7 years ago

As a woman who has lost much ... both parents way too soon and three babies prematurely.  I caution you to wait ... be patient, love her through and then let God give you the words to speak.  He gave us the Holy Spirit as Comforter and Counselor allow Him to do His work through you ... He will give you wisdom and discernment.  Now is the time to pray for your friend ... hold her while she cries ... show her God's compassion and let her know that you are His arms and you won't let go during this time.  She will recognize His love for her through you.

4. Kathleen Staley profile image57
    Kathleen Staleyposted 7 years ago

I agree with Precious Pearl on this. Losing a child has got to be THE worst pain imaginable, universally, in the human race.

God had nothing to do with her baby's death, so it wasn't for a greater good. Beleiving that God took her baby for any reason whatsoever would be a really good reason NOT to forgive him. He loves us and wouldn't want to hurt us. That logic is insulting and would only deepen her resolve to blame someone for this terrible loss. I don't know the conditions by which she lost her baby, but regardless, iti s due to our imperfect human condition.
    God didn't intend death. Death was brought about by sin when Satan first introduced it to Eve in the garden of Eden. God would never intend for a mother to lose her child.

Love her and hold her and let her cry on your shoulder. Let her draw strength from you and others she surrounds herself with. But I would caution against trying to tell her how she should feel.

working