jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would you do if...

1. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

What would you do if...

You’ve a pond with an amazing diversity of specimens. One species of fish, however, begins to kill of its brothers out of territorial instinct, until there's only a few left. The remainder of these fish, let’s call them Hughemonks, begin to destroy all your other aquatic life forms. The Hughemonks digestive system leaves a waste that begins to poison those fish fortunate enough not to be eaten by the Hughemonks. You've run out of money. This is your only pond. What would you do about the Hughemonks? What you kill them to save the other life? Is there any alternative?

2. weholdthesetruths profile image60
    weholdthesetruthsposted 7 years ago

Why are you obfuscating?    Ask your question directly.   You can invent any premise you wish for a hypothetical question, but you're wanting to apply this to real life, and your analogy is flawed.

3. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

What parallels could you possibly draw between the fictional Hughemonks and Humans? Haha

Well, tell me what is flawed about the connection that you freely drew?

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Taking your question as asked, talking about a pond and fish...ummm...strange.  I would rent a BobCat and dig a new pond so that I could have new fish free of the toxic fish effects.