What is mysticism?

1. profile image48
    jeannedcposted 6 years ago

What is mysticism?

have you had a direct experience of heaven?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

In the generalistic sense, Mysticism is a "Route" ... adopted by certain individuals ... attempting to "reach" Truth, by following their own carved Path, which can be other than ... or parallel to ... a given Religious Path or Discipline.

Only God knows the Truth, but allegedly, Mystics make it to their Objective ... and in most cases, Miracles are reported in supporting the validity of such saintly Acts of "Traversing" ... which may follow diametrically opposite Paths to Nirvana like states ...

As regards my having any direct experience of heaven ... I understand you mean, the "Hereafter" ... let me tell you, I have not experienced it so far ... nor am I in any particular hurry to experience the inevitable.

Because, I ... you ... we ... all have to experience it when the time comes ... that our Experiencing of heaven will not be limited as this physical life ... it will be our "Being" Experiencing, The Truth of Eternity ...

For our "Being" Is Part of the State, called Eternity.

3. Freegoldman profile image37
    Freegoldmanposted 6 years ago

Mysticism (About this sound pronunciation (helpĀ·info); from the Greek ????????, mystikos, an initiate of a mystery religion)[1] is the pursuit of communion with, identity with, or conscious awareness of an ultimate reality, divinity, spiritual truth, or God through direct experience, intuition, instinct or insight. Mysticism usually centers on a practice or practices intended to nurture those experiences or awareness. Mysticism may be dualistic, maintaining a distinction between the self and the divine, or may be nondualistic.

Religious traditions describe fundamental mystical experience. Enlightenment or Illumination are generic English terms for the phenomenon, derived from the Latin illuminatio (applied to Christian prayer in the 15th century) and adopted in English translations of Buddhist texts, but used loosely to describe the state of mystical attainment regardless of faith.

working