jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you think is the best Christian movie of all time?

1. giopski profile image61
    giopskiposted 6 years ago

What do you think is the best Christian movie of all time?

2. Freegoldman profile image35
    Freegoldmanposted 6 years ago

Movies are a wonderful form of entertainment, and for Christians, are a great way to affirm faith and learn more about Christianity. Whether you’re looking for inspiration, drama, history, or just a good Christmas story,
    # Iron Will: This true life story of a brave young man in a sled dog marathon teaches a story of sheer will.
    # China Cry: The True Story of Nora Lam: Watch Nora Lam’s story to get inspired by her freedom from atheistic Communist China.
    # Dead Poet’s Society: English teacher John Keating encourages his students in this movie to live life to the fullest, seize the day, and make their lives extraordinary.
    # Chariots of Fire: Watch this movie to see the inspirational tale of young athletes in the 1924 Paris Olympics.

3. teyeger82 profile image76
    teyeger82posted 6 years ago

I think The Passion of the Christ is the best Christian movie of all time.  This movie more than any other I can think of really depicts the culmination of the earthly life of Jesus and drives home the basis of the Christian faith.  I don't know if you are asking for yourself or perhaps your family or some young people but it is pretty graphic in some scenes.  Just a warning if you have not seen it.

4. giopski profile image61
    giopskiposted 6 years ago

@freegoldman. Thanks for this response. I am not so much familiar with the first 2 movies that you mentioned but I'm pretty sure it's worth watching.  I'll look into those movies.  However, the two other movies I know of:

#Dead Poet's Society - a "Goodwill Hunting" sort of movie which is actually very spiritual and encouraging.  In its own kind, it's a must see!

#Chariots of Fire - what's striking about this movie is the glorification of Sunday as a Day of the Lord.  Truly inspiring.

@teyeger82, I find the Passion of the Christ as a modern-day classic.  Mel Gibson did a great job in his version of the Christ.  Though not an Oscar winner, but has inspired and still continues to inspire the present generation.