jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it true that the more grateful you are, the more you get out of life?

1. manofmystery24 profile image60
    manofmystery24posted 5 years ago

Is it true that the more grateful you are, the more you get out of life?

2. nmdonders profile image84
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Absolutely, I think this is true.  It means that you are happy without needing more.  Some people "have it all" and still aren't happy, while others that have next to nothing are very content with life.  Not that we shouldn't strive for bigger and better, but be happy with what we do have smile

3. jennzie profile image86
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

I feel that, that is true. It makes sense that the more you appreciate what you have in life (money and other material things aside) and don't take it for granted, the happier you are.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I think that is very true.  It is hard to be negative when you feel gratitude most of the time. It is a hard lesson to learn though.  I find that negativity is such an easy habit to begin and a difficult one to quit.

5. Claire Evans profile image74
    Claire Evansposted 5 years ago

It depends on what you mean by "getting out of life".  Sometimes the most grateful people are those who have relatively little because they get joy money can't buy and that is getting something out of life.  People who are wallowing in money often do not realize how fortunate they are and thus are ungrateful.

6. MellyMoo profile image62
    MellyMooposted 5 years ago

Yes yes yes. Be grateful every day&especially in challenging times, keep being grateful&everything will flow beautifully for you

working