jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you like to be present for the end of the world?

1. Marisaupa profile image60
    Marisaupaposted 5 years ago

Would you like to be present for the end of the world?

I ask this in a secular fashion.  Let us assume that an extinction level event were to be upon us (massive asteroid strike, polar shift, catastrophic solar flare, etc.)  Would you rather it happen after you are dead, or would you like to be present and behold it on the slight chance that you may be among the scant few survivors who will have a chance to reestablish human civilization?

2. Hmtrio2 profile image78
    Hmtrio2posted 5 years ago

It doesn't matter. Somebody got to be here at the end of this world system. The way things are going now in the Middle East, it may happen that we are all here.

3. Bradley1946 profile image61
    Bradley1946posted 5 years ago

Well, unless that were to happen, there will be no end of the world.  I would rather be here, because  think my energy level would be such that I could survive that.
    As to Quantum Physics, everything is energy, either expressed or depressed, anyway.  Go ith the flow.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I would most likely be the first to die, so I would prefer not to be there when it happens. I'd like to see it, but I don't want to be there. However, if I had the option to become immortal, I would take it.

5. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't consciously want to be present. Nor would I want to be a survivor as I think physically and emotionally that would be too hard.

I prefer to get on with life and if it happens it happens.

I suppose I would prefer not to have advance warning of something like an asteroid strike as in the movies. But I suppose that is quite possible in today's world so I guess I'd just have to deal with it,