jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why don't Seventh-day Adventists eat meat?

1. Flavie Lolol profile image77
    Flavie Lololposted 5 years ago

Why don't Seventh-day Adventists eat meat?

Jesus did eat the Passover feast, which included feasting on the roasted lamb - Luke 22:7-8

2. S Kenneth Smith profile image61
    S Kenneth Smithposted 5 years ago

I'm not a Seventh-day Adventists; however, I think they may eat certain meat, but not meat that is considered unclean according to the Old Testament. 

Actually, Jesus did not eat the Passover feast according to the Gospels.  He blessed it and gave it to His disciples.

1. celafoe profile image58
      celafoeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

show me the scripture that said Jesus did not eat meat.

3. MsDora profile image93
    MsDoraposted 5 years ago

Seventh-day Adventists promote healthy living in all aspects of life, including abstinence from harmful foods.  For the same reasons that health practitioners in alternative medicine encourage their clientele to limit or abstain from the use of flesh, Seventh-day Adventists teach that vegetarianism is the healthier way to go.  Some members are still in the process of becoming vegetarians, but as a rule Seventh-day Adventists do not serve meat at church functions.  They are the best at vegetarianism,  You'll agree if you attend one on their cooking classes or a Sabbath fellowship dinner.  I'm a Seventh-day Adventist and I'm wondering now if I need to explain more in a hub.  Thanks for the question.

working