How does one prepare an altar for the lord?

1. andrew savage profile image59
    andrew savageposted 4 years ago

How does one prepare an altar for the lord?

2. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

A physical alter would have an object of your choice. Something in which you had unshakeable Faith, let's say a picture of the Christ or Buddha, etc. You can also make a circle or use the image of a lighted candle to enhance your concentration.

Alters generally have burning incenses for fragrance and atmosphere and to attract inner or psychic beings. They tend to have flowers which are fresh, pure and also fragrant and useful for atmosphere. The basics for an alter would be a cloth on a table or chair, preferably white as a symbol of purity. The other things would be on top.

My shrine at home (alter), is purpose made. I have a picture of my Spiritual Director in the middle. I also use incense, candles and flowers.

This is the physical alter, Andrew. The inner alter/shrine is inside you. The body is the Temple and the Soul is the Shrine. In the preparation of the inner shrine, purity, discipline, love, compassion and selfless service are essential. If your question is about the inner alter, then write to me. Otherwise the things that I have mentioned for the outer alter, is more than sufficient.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image59
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

YOU are the alter.  You body is the temple.  Keep it clean and remember it is not what enters into the body but it is what comes out of the mouth and your thoughts that you need to keep positive and know that the lord loves you no matter what you do.  It is all about experience and learning who you are.