jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Who are some prophets living today?

1. IntimatEvolution profile image79
    IntimatEvolutionposted 4 years ago

Who are some prophets living today?

Prophecy has been apart of history since the dawn of mankind.  However, the superstars of yesteryear are nothing but a memory.   Are there any prophets as accurate or famous as Edgar Casey or Nostradomus living today?

2. Sri T profile image81
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

Yes. Prophets are everywhere. The key is in trance states or hypnosis. Anyone can give details  of the future in hypnotic states because they can access infinite intelligence. Oracles can also help with divination. Some people are good with pendulums or tarot.  My favorite is the I Ching.

3. profile image0
    Mark Knolesposted 4 years ago

I believe we all are prophets and should preach the word in the example of Jesus.

4. John of the Cross profile image59
    John of the Crossposted 4 years ago

The people you cite are arguably NOT prophets. A prophet does not predict the future, a prophet is a 'mouthpiece' for God. I claim the gift of prophecy, and it is a burden as well as a blessing.

IntimatEvolutionposted 4 years agoin reply to this

OH! 

I didn't realize a prophet had to believe in God.  Thanks for sharing.

5. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

Hi IE.

I do not know the kind you speak of, but there are some doing good work. Mata Amritanananda of Kerala is one. Ram Bahadur Bomjan, is another. http://dharmasangha.info/index.php/newsflash
    There is a man in India whose name I would need to get.

My Spiritual Teacher has said that realised souls can be counted on the fingers. He passed recently, but His writings are very alive. srichinmoylibrary.org

IntimatEvolutionposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your response.

2. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, IE.
      If it helps, I also take Cross's view that sincere God-lovers or God-men are not really interested in prophecy. They have capacity, yes, but prefer us to have pure hearts, love God and serve mankind.

6. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 4 years ago

A prophet is basically a spokesman for G-d, a person chosen by G-d to speak to people on G-d's behalf and convey a message or teaching. Prophets were role models of holiness, scholarship and closeness to G-d. They set the standards for the entire community.
    Scripture identifies only 55 prophets of Israel.
    Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi were the end of the prophets.
    There are no prophets today

Closed to reply

working