jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How do you respond when an accidental tragedy occurs?

1. Iamsam profile image80
    Iamsamposted 3 years ago

How do you respond when an accidental tragedy occurs?

Roman 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Would you agree with it?

2. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 3 years ago

What kind of tragedy happened? If it was a death, I would not quote that verse to the person who is consumed with grief. People who are grieving  the loss of a loved one need a simple "I'm so sorry for your loss." After that, they need a loving presence who doesn't say much. The bereaved have to process their grief, in stages (which takes quite some time) before they can think ahead to the plans God may have for them at some later date. To quote the Romans verse at an early stage would be innappropriate and hurtful. It is as if someone is saying, "You must get on with your life right now."...and that just isn't true. One must properly grieve first, before one can move forward.

1. Iamsam profile image80
      Iamsamposted 3 years agoin reply to this

interesting

3. profile image0
    Richie Alburoposted 3 years ago

I respond to it with presence of mind.Do not panic. Assess the situation.
    Do you believe in calling?Many of us love Him.Many of us believed in Him.Many of us follow Him.But only few people were called according to his purpose.

working