jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Doppelganger: Is it true, or just a product of a stressful mind?

1. jemuelO profile image91
    jemuelOposted 3 years ago

Doppelganger: Is it true, or just a product of a stressful mind?

I've read an article saying that few people claimed to have seen their doppelgangers. Doppelganger is a ghost walker that resembles your identity-exact copy of you. This ghost is seen by your family and friends. Confusion takes place since you are visible at different places at the same time. Others reported to have seen their fake counterparts. It is said that having seen your doppelganger is a sign of bad luck while scientists say that this is just a product of an ill mind. What do you think about it?

2. Jeannieinabottle profile image92
    Jeannieinabottleposted 3 years ago

I don't think people see doppelgangers because they are unhealthy.  Sometimes I think people see someone that looks just like them because there simply is another person that looks like them.  It just happens sometimes; there are people that practically look like twins, but they are not related.

Other times, I do think there is something supernatural going on.  I once heard about a school teacher that had a doppelganger.  Her students and colleagues would often see a ghost-like figure that looked exactly like the teacher.  Sometimes the doppelganger could be seen in the same area as the teacher.  It simply never spoke.  I can't imagine all those people imagined the doppelganger.

jemuelOposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, there must be something supernatural in it. I can't imagine seeing a ghost-like counterpart. I have read a story about the doppelganger of a teacher. It's so creepy.

3. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

The doppleganger is a term given by the old Norse people for a natural part of ourselves. It (the doppleganger) is basically the ethereal "double", or view of the physical self which we can perceive through our spiritual senses (or "third eye"). When one sees their doppleganger on the material plane, it merely means we are connected with the third eye in viewing our physical appearance. However, many people are not in touch with their spiritual side, and many times only connect with it during times of great stress, happiness or change in our lives. This is why many only glimpse their doppleganger around consequential times, such as death, challenging illness, a change of fortune or the birth of a child in the family. I do not believe our dopplegangers are evil or good, but merely part of what we are.

jemuelOposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the information. Yes, it was also noted in some articles that doppelgangers are seen when people have gone through extreme situations.

working