jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

If no one else saw Jesus' face to face, how come Catholics have vivid photos of

1. Evane profile image54
    Evaneposted 2 years ago

If no one else saw Jesus' face to face, how come Catholics have vivid photos of him?

2. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12550004_f260.jpg

Many people observed and interacted with Jesus before his resurrection. Some saw him after this event; however, the technology of photography was not available. Thus one can conclude there are no "photos" of Jesus.
    Now if you were meaning, artistic renditions of Jesus, one must admit that there are significant inaccuracies that have been introduced by artists over these subsequent 2000 years. Artists do not always reproduce a facsimile of the person they are painting.

1. Evane profile image54
      Evaneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Exactly! But in Exodus 20:4-5, God says, ou shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God,....

2. connorj profile image77
      connorjposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You lost me? I simply receive Communion as much as possible ("Body & Blood), give my heart, time, and talent to Him. It is incalculable what I have received in return...

3. Evane profile image54
      Evaneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

but then again, If no one else saw Jesus' face to face, how come Catholics have vivid photos of him?

working