jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Painters can paint beauty by intelligent design. How could the world become bea

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 2 years ago

Painters can paint beauty by intelligent design.  How could the world become beautiful without it?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11897892_f260.jpg

2. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 2 years ago

How could the world become beautiful? Well, it already is, at least parts of it are beautiful in my eyes. It all depends on the opinion and experiences of the 'beholder' as to whether the world has inherent beauty or not.

An artist, a painter, may well use special techniques to try and capture this beauty but once the images are captured the viewer then has to decide - subjectively - if a picture is beautiful or not.

In the end, what's beautiful for one isn't necessarily beautiful for all. Nature may delight, inspire and spark our imaginations but a romantic sunset for a down to earth sweaty farmer say, isn't quite the same thing for a couple on honeymoon the other side of a farm fence.

1. Kiss andTales profile image79
      Kiss andTalesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful thoughts on this subject, but what is so wonderful is some people are not quite the artist, but we as humans we enjoy the Art of God, his hands has shown us beauty that comes to life , and we exist ! as part of that beauty we live

3. junkseller profile image83
    junksellerposted 2 years ago

Chaos.................................................................................

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What might look amazing and majestic to us, might look mundane, and even terrifying, to a squirrel. Our affinity for the arts, and the concept of art, exists only because of our heightened intelligence and creativity. In other words, the world/universe isn't inherently beautiful. But humans, as intelligent inhabitants of that world/universe, has assigned the concept of beauty to it.

1. Perspycacious profile image82
      Perspycaciousposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Do you yourself think the Earth is beautiful?  And, if you do, do you think it got that way just by freak chance or by intelligent design?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
      M. T. Dremerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I do think the Earth is beautiful. But it can also be incredibly ugly. Which natural elements are beautiful and which are ugly are entirely my opinion. Because there is no universal standard of beauty, it isn't evidence of intentional design.

5. Levi Legion profile image60
    Levi Legionposted 2 years ago

Could there be/have been an intelligent designer at some point in the universe? I think it's a possibility. That said, it's not possible at this time to prove that this "being" if he/she exists is one of the gods of the many world religions, an impersonal force, or in fact nonexistent.

All "evidence" that theists point to consists of subjective experiences, tradition, or a mixture of the two.

The fact that you see the world as a "beautiful painting" is a result of your unique PERSPECTIVE. We all see things through different perspectives. I'm guessing your's has been influenced heavily by some religious (Christian?) upbringing or societal influence. We all think our own perspective is correct, or we obviously wouldn't hold to it.

The key is to transcend the limits of our own perspectives and search for truth. Truth is always rooted in fact. If it's not rooted in fact, then it's merely  another unproven theory. There's no shame in saying, "I don't know." It's merely an honest conclusion.

working