jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Has anyone who use to go to church and stopped going but later regressed and wen

1. pattyfloren profile image80
    pattyflorenposted 2 years ago

Has anyone who use to go to church and stopped going but later regressed and went back?

Feel that because of the loneliness or the fulfillment of the experience have the same feelings as before?

2. whomtheSonsetFree profile image71
    whomtheSonsetFreeposted 2 years ago

Repented of my error would be more like it. Not regressed. Regressed makes it sound like going back to where you should have been is somehow a regression instead of progression which leads one, as I said, back to where they should have stayed all along.

pattyflorenposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!  To proceed as before.

3. Nikki Sage profile image76
    Nikki Sageposted 2 years ago

I grew up in and out of church. Became more stable about it during high school with friends and family and then was very strong in faith and church attendance for awhile. Once I got into college and away from all that support I'd had before, however, my attendance to church faltered some. I went some, but not consistently. I just recently have started going again and making it more of a habit. I think there are many factors as to why someone may go and then not go and then go again. One of my reasons was moving often during my college years and so trying all these new churches in new towns, especially by myself, was a little intimidating. I actually only tried one church here in my new town and decided that it's the place for me to be right now. Really enjoying it so far and have gotten involved so much as to help serve in the children's ministry. Best of luck to anyone searching for a new church home and a place to meet others and feel that you belong. It's out there somewhere, and I encourage you to be brave and try attending. I bet you won't regret it!

pattyflorenposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, thanks for that answer Nikki Sage.  I'm glad you found your church and your calling.  God bless you!

working