jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Which is more important to you, the mind's brilliance or the Heart's radiance?

1. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 22 months ago

Which is more important to you, the mind's brilliance or the Heart's radiance?

2. IvoryTusk profile image80
    IvoryTuskposted 22 months ago

I like to think of it as a system.  There is a Chinese character that is the heart and the mind; they cannot be separated.  The mind and the heart operate at their peak when they are recognized and in synch with each other.  When there is an imbalance, we can find ourselves in trouble.

manatita44posted 22 months agoin reply to this

Yes Ivory. In trouble, all right. Still, I was asking if you prefer scholarliness, cleverness ... over charm, joy, sweetness, happiness, oneness, identification, spontaneity, purity ... the qualities of the Heart

2. IvoryTusk profile image80
      IvoryTuskposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I like when the charm, sweetness, happiness, oneness, and purity can be tempered with logic, analysis, and quick wit.   I look at this question and still say my answer is, "Yes!"  I love your joyfully thought-provoking questions!

3. manatita44 profile image84

Yes, Ivory. All is good really. As is dirty and clean water. Humans tend to prefer the cleaner one. The ideal of seeing them as one can harm us at a certain level. Thanks again.

4. IvoryTusk profile image80
      IvoryTuskposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Manatita44:  I like the analogy of dirty versus clean water and having both is not necessarily a good thing.  However, I appreciate so much having a house that is run on both.  I have water to drink and toilet water. They are needed in different ways

5. manatita44 profile image84

Thanks Ivory. I originally wanted a simple answer. Not the minds brilliance. Sometimes the sky is simply blue and the grass green. Thanks 4 your input.

3. Electro-Denizen profile image83
    Electro-Denizenposted 22 months ago

Manatita you're asking some great questions...

I think the mind's brilliance can become a false light and demonic in nature, whereas the Heart's radiance is from whence all things emanate and needs no reflection...

I really don't think I can know which is more important to me as by even forming that thought, I'm engaged somewhere between these two things...

ED, perhaps, yet you identified both well. Seems it becomes clearer with experience,  no?

Closed to reply

working