jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is It God's Will That An Atheist Remain In Disbelief?

1. PhoenixV profile image77
    PhoenixVposted 21 months ago

If so, what can be done?

2. Snakesmum profile image82
    Snakesmumposted 21 months ago

The answer to this would vary immensly, depending on whether your respondant was a believer or an atheist.

An atheist would of course answer in the negative, as they don't believe in God, so why would they say "Yes"?

If the person answering was a believer, then they may or may not think the answer was "Yes".    It would depend on the religion, and that religion's view of free will.

As to what can be done, why do anything?   Surely a person is entitled to their beliefs, or lack thereof?   People cannot be forced to believe.

My opinion, agree or disagree, as you wish.

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

It is a personal decision that one makes, and one they are allowed to make per Christianity's doctrine.

4. bdn9385 profile image72
    bdn9385posted 21 months ago

Revelation 22:
    10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
    11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
    12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

If so, what can be done?

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Proverbs 1:7
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 9:10
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
        and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Phoenix, believe me, it is easier for an atheist to have faith and belief and obtain salvation because of their honesty and righteousness than for the Religious people who think they knew God and believe the Bible but inside are only mindful of their salvation and disdain others. Remember, Christ came to call sinners for repentance and not to gather people who think themselves as followers.
    Acknowledging that you are a sinner is the first step of salvation. Repentance is the second step and the third is to seek for the truth and overcome sin or evil. God will provide you His helper if your repentance is sincere and genuine.

working