jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

"Sorry I can't today my sister's grandpa's brother's grandson's uncle's fish die

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 22 months ago

"Sorry I can't today my sister's grandpa's brother's grandson's uncle's fish died and it was tragic"

When and what was the last time you gave a funny unique or convoluted excuse?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13045792_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 22 months ago

I didn't actually give it but I set it up. Two of my friends and I get together for lunch every couple of months. We pretty much order the same thing for each place we go. This last time we were going to a place that made great BLT's and one of my friends and I always get the BLT. I got there first and asked the waitress to tell my friend that she could only serve one BLT per table. She thought I was crazy but when order time came she took my order first and apologized to my friend and told her it was their new policy to only serve one BLT per table. All movement stopped, my friend's jaw dropped, and there was absolute silence for a few seconds. Then my other friend burst out laughing, then the waitress, then me, and finally the first friend. She said she figured it was something I put the waitress up to but didn't know how to respond to it. Laugh! That's how to respond. We all laughed about that while we ate our BLT's.

threekeysposted 22 months agoin reply to this

What a funny story!

3. RTalloni profile image86
    RTalloniposted 22 months ago

Not that I use it, mind you…

To nosey questions I've always wondered what the response would be if the answer was "What possible use could that information be to you?"

Been tempted…but graciousness trumps sassy every day.

threekeysposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Cheeky question..but just one asked in fun...stepping aside from seriousness for a moment..

working