jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Are We the Captain of Our Ship?

1. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 22 months ago

Are We the Captain of Our Ship?

Improving our negotiating skills would enhance the quality of our lives? Or life just more or less happens to us?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13063835_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 22 months ago

I believe that we are the captains of our own ships. However, like any good captain who doesn't want to see their ship sink we have to adjust and adapt to the changing environment around us and trust that when we see a lighthouse beacon it means dangerous waters. Or, put another way, we're the captain of our little ship but life is the ocean and no one controls the ocean.

1. threekeys profile image81
      threekeysposted 22 months agoin reply to this

What a beautiful analogy....

2. Johnny James A profile image73
      Johnny James Aposted 22 months agoin reply to this

My ex used to tell me I was the captain of our relation-"ship." I said if that's the case why am I always taking orders. She said because she's the general of our relation-"ship." Aye Aye Captain.

3. threekeys profile image81
      threekeysposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Funny! Yes...the ship with its rudder in the waters of "relations"...

3. parrster profile image84
    parrsterposted 22 months ago

I Like Cecelia's metaphor of the ocean. In truth, nobody can reliably control the circumstances of their lives, it is an ocean as prone to storms as calm waters. Rather it is the control we exercise over our thought life and the efficacy of what we put our faith in that will determine how we experience the journey.

working