Do you think God and His Son Jesus Christ are disgusted with the majority of rel

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (22 posts)
  1. profile image0
    snapcracklepopposted 7 years ago

Do you think God and His Son Jesus Christ are disgusted with the majority of religion today?

When Jesus walked the earth before being murdered by the prominent Jewish wicked religious leaders in his day, Jesus BLASTED those hypocritical religious leaders for their misleading of the people with their useless traditions and hypocritical pompous appearances. Read Matthew chapter 23.....(See Malachi 3:6)...Jesus' heavenly Father, Jehovah God, feels the same way.
    Nothing has changed today. False religion is worse. The vast majority of false religion is soon to be slated for destruction by God's heavenly based Kingdom/Government in the hands of God's appointed King and Son, Jesus Christ.

2. profile image0
    snapcracklepopposted 7 years ago

Highly uninformed persons, apostates who were once JWs, disgruntled or disfellowshiped JWs are often very critical of Jehovah God and His/our fine organization of Jehovah's Witnesses and so these ones are used as  Satan's mouthpiece or vehicle to spew of false propaganda and outright lies against Jehovah and His organization.....Yes we believe that Jesus, God's son, is a powerful Archangel who is over all the other angels based on scriptural contexts and based on reasoning from the scriotures. There are some who do not want to take out the time to truly examine the scriptures to see if Jesus, the son of God, is indeed a powerful Archangel. So as a result, individuals like KingdomCome, haphazardly without foundation, make statements that truly are wrong on all levels smile

When a person lacks accurate knowledge and accurate  understanding of the scriptures it is unfortunate because they in reality are promoting the interest of Satan.

Anyone can go online to our official website jw.org and find out information about our organization and it's people, Jehovah's Witnesses. They can also seek out Jehovah's Witnesses in their locality or at the local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.....

1. profile image0
      snapcracklepopposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Eric here are some verses from the Bible: Matthew 7:21-23, Jeremiah 14:14, Mark 7:13, These verses are referring to those religious leaders in Jesus day and nothing has changed today, it is much worse when it comes to religion in our day.

2. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry but these were Jews. Not a religion but a race/tribe. They had a group hierarchy and a bureaucracy but I don't see or hear God calling them a religion. You just assume in my opinion because that is your reference point.

3. profile image0

It doesn't have to say the word "religion", anyone can read between the lines and see what these verses are talking about. If you cant see the connection where these verses are talking about religion you never will.

4. Ericdierker profile image45

Would we say revisionism for justification? Point blank there was no "religion" during Christ's time on earth as we understand it today. Nothing close. If we insert our desires for justification into the Word of God, we got real issues.

5. profile image0

Time for me to follow the advice at Proverbs 26:4. You have your opinion and you're entitled to that. I don't cherish the idea of engaging n debates especially when the conversation is going nowhere. I just state scriptural facts take it or leave it

6. Ericdierker profile image45

Very interesting and my apologies. I was not paying attention that you and I follow different Bibles. Thank you for informing me of more about yours.

7. profile image0

Readmikenow, you feel fortunate many others do not. Speaking socalled advance English doesn't help the reader understand what he's talking about. His point will be lost. The Jews used the Romans to murder Jesus. So the Jews really murdered Jesus.

8. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 7 years agoin reply to this

snapcracklepop I disagree. If the Jews had the power to use the Romans, they would have had used their leaders to get them leave Israel. A study of history will show the Romans ignored the conquered Jews and only paid attention when they benefited.

3. profile image52
    Setank Setunkposted 7 years ago

Sounds like Christian Jihadism to me. Not even the Greeks in their superfluous proclivity to cogitate could mold the crucifixion of Jesus into a murder. And who among the Jews do you profane as wicked: The Sadducees  or the Pharisees? Were the Romans culpable?

1. profile image0

Please use words that people can understand. You have taken away the meaning or understanding of what you're trying to say.

2. Ericdierker profile image45

This is a first here on hubpages for me. On a writing site for writers, someone is asked to dummy down their use of words?

3. Readmikenow profile image94

I feel fortunate. I understand exactly what Setank Setunk is saying.  His knowledge of the English language is very advanced.  The Romans killed Jesus and not the Jews. Jesus was born to die in the way he died.  That is clear. He was not murdered.

4. Ericdierker profile image45

That is heavy -- worthy of pondering. I reckon in a sense I was born so I could die. And if you go further you have to understand that Jesus's death was not a homicide, but death by His Father.

4. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 7 years ago

Does anyone know what the original language the old testament was written in?  How about the new testament?  Does anyone know the translations the bible has gone through?  Connotations and denotations of words are very important.  A scripture in the original language of the bible can render a very different meaning in the English of today.  Not knowing the history or the customs and traditions at the time the bible was created can lead to extreme ignorance.  Too many times people read the bible and believe they have the correct Interpretation of it.  To really understand it takes far more than just reading the words.  I don't think the son of God would feel disgusted, he would be saddened and pray to his father for guidance.

1. profile image0

This link will answer all your questions and response to knowing if "anyone knows what the original language of the old testament was written in? 

m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002893

2. Readmikenow profile image94

snapcracklepop thanks for that source, it is only one source.  If you try and study the issue you will find scholars are divided. The old testament was written in ancient Hebrew. The new Testament? Koine Greek, Aramaic or another Semitic language.

5. manatita44 profile image70
    manatita44posted 7 years ago

Things can and do seem gloomy sometimes, but do not be so downcast, my Sweet (assuming you are).

Parents may be sad when we do not do the right thing, but they are rarely disgusted with us. God is infinitely more beautiful than our parents and Love is to some His only law. God sends His Incarnations into the world to serve and inspire, but humanity is ungrateful and they all return sad because they have so much more to offer!

Still, their words do take root, and many aspiring Souls are served. Stay optimistic. Much Love.

6. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 7 years ago

I reckon there are those that take portions of the Bible to fit their pre-contemplation conclusions that God may get disgusted. We have in the Bible some strange man made concepts. God's love may be also tough. God's love may be mean?
    I remember the stories of the disciples having crazy ideas. Of course they may have incorporated some of that nonsense into their writing.

If you think God is "disgusted" with others and their religions, I suggest you not throw the first stone or forget that we are all children of God.

7. Reluctant Revival profile image55
    Reluctant Revivalposted 7 years ago

I would not say that God and His Son Jesus Christ are discusted with the majority of religions today. I would say that God and Jesus Christ knew that the Devil would try his best to divert mankind my luring them away from The Truth. I would also say that God sent Jesus to earth to warn mankind of such a thing.

1. profile image0

I believe disgusted" is an appropriate word for their feelings TRR. Reason being is because there are so many verses in the Bible (OLD and NEW TESTAMENT) that show how Jesus and God feel about religion that doesn't represent them properly.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)