jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

What is the smallest verse in the Bible?

1. Reluctant Revival profile image66
    Reluctant Revivalposted 19 months ago

What is the smallest verse in the Bible?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13193075_f260.jpg

2. profile image55
    Norine Williamsposted 19 months ago

"Jesus wept" (John 11:35) as HE'S doing TODAY!

1. profile image55
      Norine Williamsposted 19 months agoin reply to this

And "How does FAITH come?"
      "FAITH comes by hearing & hearing by the WORD of GOD"  (Rm 10:17)! 
      Why I continue to say "STUDY" (II Timothy 2:15) but it seems no one wants to "INCREASE THEIR FAITH!"
      READ Hebrews Chapter 11 - The FAITH Chapter!

3. Ericdierker profile image52
    Ericdierkerposted 19 months ago

Actually a very interesting question. Not because of a game of sorts figuring out the smallest verse, but because it brings us to examine and hopefully understand something about translations and versions. Are you asking about letter count in Greek or Hebrew or King James or Latin Vulgate? Vietnamese translation is very different and I understand they have Native American versions as well.
    And when you get into that you see that some versions actually have numbered verses differently.
    I could be wrong as I did not review or research here but I think that our English version friends will always say "Jesus wept", but perhaps that is actually longer than others in Greek. But not sure about JW versions.
    So the answer to your question is a question. What version and what language?

1. profile image55

Do you see why "HE'S weeping?" 
      MY GOD!  No matter how many characters used in Hebrew and/or Greek, if it means "Jesus Wept" in English, that's the smallest verse. 
      Logic/reasoning/education, etc KILLS as JESUS continues to "weep!"

2. Ericdierker profile image52
      Ericdierkerposted 19 months agoin reply to this

OK, I got it Norine. Anyone who uses a different language or studies close to original versions is not as Christian as you. Those poor Japanese and Somalian Christians. Only Norine's minuscule understanding of English is appropriate?

3. profile image55

Eric, it's not about different "languages" "LEADING & GUIDING," but that ONE SPIRIT (aka GOD)!  No matter WHAT "language" or "culture," HE has ONE MIND, & doesn't tell 1 something different from the other!  Level of understanding diff=lack of

4. Ericdierker profile image52

Hi honey Norine, you are nuttier than a fruit case. You are worthless to God as you speak hate and know not love. You are sick and probably irredeemable, but me and my people follow love which you to not know.

5. profile image55

WORD is "nutty" to Satan!
      Heb 12:6;8 "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, & scourgeth every son whom he recv. But if  w/o chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then ye are BASTARDS, & not sons." 
      Can't take it? Guess what GOD calls y

4. manatita44 profile image82
    manatita44posted 19 months ago

The shortest verse is "Jesus wept." Is that what you mean by smallest?

1. profile image55

Amen!

2. Ericdierker profile image52

I think it was a Guggenheim Bible that had made a full verse out of "I Am". My middle ages German is not all that great ;-)

working