jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is life?

1. profile image58
    Writer2996posted 11 months ago

What is life?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 months ago

Life is anything that dies when you stomp on it.

3. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 11 months ago

Life is an expression of Consciousness (Spirit) which projects or manifests itself in forms. In the beginning was the Absolute, birthless, deathless, all eternal. From pure Silence it projected Itself into sound and forms, thus manifesting a divine Lila or game eternal. (Creation).

The form and the formless are one; visible and invisible, like the baby and the womb. Manifested and unmanifested, are One. It is a perennial Entity or Divine Ground from which all spring, live and have their being. Life pervades all and is always present, all wise; all knowing; all powerful. Love is the manifestation of Life and life reveals Love in all its beauty.

So in a simple way, it is the manifestation of Consciousness (Spirit) As such, it becomes meaningful to you, only if you exist.
    "That which does not exist can never come into being; that which exists can never cease to be." -The Gita

1. pattyfloren profile image79
      pattyflorenposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I love how you explained this.  So...life came into being once and to all eternity?

2. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 11 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Patty, I appreciate this. Birthless in the sense of no beginning and deathless in the sense of no end. I suppose we can think of Consciousness as always being here, but it also evolves. That is why nothing is fixed and God is ever-transcending