jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you prefer to read your tarot cards directly or indirectly?

1. BizGenGirl profile image88
    BizGenGirlposted 9 months ago

Do you prefer to read your tarot cards directly or indirectly?

What I mean, just to be clear, is that some tarot readers tend to read their cards using listed or very common symbolism (like clouds meaning messages from above, water representing emotions, swords being actions, etc...). This is the "direct" method.

The only other way I've personally experienced reading tarot cards, is to use them in more lieral ways. If a card pops up with characters traveling over water, than the querrent is probably going to drive over a bridge or ride on a boat, etc.. This is the indirect method.

Why do you use/prefer?

2. Jeremy Gill profile image96
    Jeremy Gillposted 9 months ago

Hi Bema. I prefer the direct method, but I imagine it varies from person to person. People more experienced with tarot may want more diverse readings like you describe.

Now, I'll admit I don't really believe in tarot, but I do find it fun. I've also encountered several different decks, some with much more vivid and engrossing artwork that helped leave an impact. Hope this helps!

3. Penelope Bucket profile image89
    Penelope Bucketposted 9 months ago

I enjoy both.  But I really like more direct.  I feel more direct helps you with what ever it is you are asking about.  Indirect maybe moves you in the direction you need to go for a more direct answer later.

4. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 8 months ago

I suppose it would really depend on the deck of cards you are using. Each card has it's universal symbols on it and the rest of the design is made up by the artist. So the indirect method should only be used if the reader is extremely familiar with tarot cards, their symbolism, and meaning.