jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (26 posts)

Is christianity copy of eygpt,greek,judaism myth + new myths?

1. pisean282311 profile image51
    pisean282311posted 5 years ago

as we all know jesus was not first one to be claimed to be virgin born , neither was he first one to be resurrected....his teachings where also not original barring authors of bible claiming him to be son of god stuff....so do you think authors of bible copied various myths and mythological concepts , added new myths and made saleable product out of it?

1. Shadesbreath profile image86
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Anyone who has spent any effort at all persuing with genuine curiosity reading the religions of the Mediterranean rim dating back over the last 3,500 years or so can see how almost linear the development of "modern" religion is (Western AND Eastern) and how they all relate so obviously.

You just have to NOT want to know to pick one as "true."

pisean282311posted 5 years ago in reply to this

agreed...

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
          Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe jesus did exist, but as far as the son of god thing, born to a virgin, miricle worker, etc, is pure fiction.

Have to admit, they sold a lot of copies.

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
              Paul Wingertposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Fiction does sell.

2. EinderDarkwolf profile image60
      EinderDarkwolfposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The circumstances surrounding the birth of Jesus and the birth of Buddha are almost exactly the same, word for word. Buddha, Jesus, and Iusa all use the same parables when they are teaching. What's the difference between them? Iusa was first, followed by Buddha (who was actually a real documented person), and then came Jesus. Enough research reveals the same stories through out many cultures, the problem is that many people are close minded and don't have the eye to see as they say. This is something that has been brought up many times through out this section of the forums though, and I'm sure that some fundamentalist Christians will end up here disputing this with anyone and everyone who's said something about it.

I hope that you do truly find your answer, what ever it may be that your actually looking for.

Cheers

pisean282311posted 5 years ago in reply to this

ya right

2. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago

The very reason why I say that nothing I have said is new. People tend to think I'm christian, but I beleive in reincarnation which is different from bodily resurrection. I also beleive in Melchesidek, the Eternal Prophet, which covers Iusa, Buddha and Jesus, the latter said that he was a "priest in the order of Melchesidek.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There is Egyptian iconography and definite Greek influences in the old and new testaments. The Hebrew correlations are self explanatory

3. WriteAngled profile image89
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Mithraism has Mithra born in a cave to a virgin mother on December 25th.

1. Castlepaloma profile image24
      Castlepalomaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How about the world.s oldest Religion

Hindu

I bet there are some animist religions at work on the African continent that predate that by 10s of thousands of years.

4. Jonathan Janco profile image74
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

Actually, I think the oldest religion is one that will be founded in the near future, and someone will go back in time and preach about it and the people they preach to will go on to found all of the major world religions that we know today.

That, my friend, is the theme for an amazing sci-fi book. You should delete that comment and go start outlining your story. THAT is brilliant. Don't give that one away.

1. Jonathan Janco profile image74
        Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You do know, Shades, that if we develop time travel before we acheive a bit more maturity as a species, we are going to have ridiculous reality tv shows about who can best defile human history. Forget nuclear annihlation, the Ancient Apprentice would create an unattainable low for us.

LOL.

America's Got Amusing Temporal Assassination

1. Jonathan Janco profile image74
            Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

On the bright side we could bring the Kardashians back to ancient Babylon right before the Israelites tolchock to Babylonians.

LOL. How fun would that be? Use them like viruses.

2. Disappearinghead profile image84
              Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Kardashians? Where does Deep Space 9 come into this?

5. secularist10 profile image87
    secularist10posted 5 years ago

The vast majority of Christianity has roots in previous and contemporary belief systems and faith traditions, no doubt about it. The remainder (the part that is original and more or less unique) can be explained through the hallucinations, hearsay, fabrications, fuzzy memories, white lies, embellishments or general ignorance of Jesus' contemporaries and first followers, as well as the politics and prejudices of church elders centuries later. That is Christianity in a nutshell.

6. profile image0
    Jesshubpagesposted 5 years ago

Christianity is never been a copy of any ancient mysticism and religion. I strog=ngly believe that only Jesus is virgin born. anyone claiming they are god or virgin born are blind and under the authority of the devil

1. EinderDarkwolf profile image60

And it starts.

Creationism started with Adam & Eve 6016 years ago

Hindu started about 48,000 years ago

The first African ( I'll call Eve) woman started about 200,000 years ago

Still say the first birth is the first religion , in which (witch) was the African vagina . The Vagina, (not to be confuse with Virginia or the virgin birth) is the gateway to the womb making the first human being

1. EinderDarkwolf profile image60

Errent information.

That's only the most recent female common ancestor that we have been traced to. Not the first woman.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/neanderthals/mtdna.html

The two oldest known religions are Sumerian and Egyptian.

Creationism started at around 3030 years ago with Abraham according to folklore.

The world largest creationism museum  says  the earth is only 6016 years ago. Unless they are just the world's greatest BS-ers yet still your Abraham folklore is not old enough. People may have lived longer than 40,000 years ago in North America

working