PROPHECY: ISAIAH 9:6: GOD'S MANIFESTATION - JESUS CHRIST
PROPHECY: ISAIAH 9:6
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
Isaiah was living in the 8th century B.C. in Judah. He prophesied during a period of great moral and political upheaval. Isaiah's name means "Salvation is of the Lord." His ministry lasted 40 years and the key word to the book of Isaiah is "Salvation is of the Lord." People need to return to the Lord to be saved. He prophesied the coming of the Messiah who will also be The Mighty God, The everlasting Father and finally as The Prince of Peace. This was fulfilled in the New Testament when Jesus, God's manifestation, Jesus Christ was born of a virgin.
ONLY ONE GOD IN THE WHOLE WORLD
There is only One God and no one else in this whole wide world. Jesus cannot be considered as another deity or personality as defined by the Trinitarians.
See God's Manifestations: The Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ http://hubpages.com/hub/godsmanifestationsholyspiritjesuschrist
- "There is none other God but one" (1 Corinthians 8:4).
- "Unto thee it was shewed, that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside him" (Deu 4:35; 6:4).
- "Neither is there any God beside thee" (2 Sam 7:22)
- "Thou art God alone" (Ps 86:10).
- "Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord" (Mark 12:29).one" (1 Cor 8:4).
THE MIGHTY GOD AND JESUS
The mighty God is omnipresent, omnipotent and all powerful. As proved by various people throughout the ages, there is only one God in the universe and that God dwells in heaven, is not seen by human beings as evidenced by Moses, Samuel, David, Mark and Paul. Who then is Jesus Christ but God's manifestation as His son on earth. All power is given to Jesus Christ on earth to act on behalf of God in heaven.
God is invisible, but Jesus is fully man, fully God in nature and Jesus was given full authority to act on His behalf.
The following verses in the Old Testament pertaining to God correspond perfectly and completely with those of Jesus Christ in the New Testament.
1. God is the Creator (Gen 1:1; Neh 9:6; Job 12:9).
- Jesus is the Creator (Jn 1:1-3; Col 1:16; Heb 1:10).
2. God is the Savior (Isa 43:11; Hos 13:4).
- Jesus is the Savior (Lk 2:11; Acts 4:12; Jude 24).
3. God is King (Ps 10:16; 96:10).
- Jesus is King (Rev 11:15).
4. God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords (Deu 10:17; Dan 2:47).
- Jesus is the Lord of lords (Rev 17:14; 19:16).
5. God is the Lord of life (Deu 32:39; Jer 38:16).
- Jesus is the Lord of life (Jn 1:4; 11:25; 14:6).
6. God is the first and the last (Isa 44:6; 48:12).
- Jesus is the first and the last (Rev 1:17; 22:13).
PROPHECY OF THE BIRTH OF JESUS
The Old Testament includes about sixty different prophecies with more than 300 references of the coming of the Messiah. It was through the fulfillment of these prophecies that Israel would be able to recognize the true Messiah. The four gospels record several times when Jesus said that He was fulfilling a prophecy of the Old Testament.
The gospels of Matthew and Luke say that Mary was a virgin and that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, another manifestation of the power of God. These gospels present Jesus' conception as a miracle with no sexual intercourse. The Gospel of Matthew presents the virgin birth of Jesus as fulfilling a prophecy from the Book of Isaiah 9:6.
- Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
- "Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."
- "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself." And verse 44 notes, "And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses and in the prophets and the psalms, concerning me."
- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. and the government shall be upon his shoulder:"
He will reign over all. Death and hell could not contain Him because they had no power over Him.
John 1:1, 14
- "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father) full of glory and truth.
There is no ambiguity whatsoever about the relationship between God and Jesus.
THE EVERLASTING FATHER
Jesus is called the Everlasting Father though He is God the Son. Christians are deemed to be children of God, and God is our Father. Christians are not grand children nor are they called great grand children of God, but children of God. His love and grace is like that of a Father with His children. However, God and Jesus are without beginning of days nor end of life. That proves that God and Jesus are everlasting, without end of days.
- Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God;
Revelation 1:8; 21:6; 22:13
- I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
- Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
- Believe me; that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
THE GOVERNMENT SHALL BE UPON HIS SHOULDER
The name of Jesus shall have power and authority over men and angels. "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12) .
Jesus will guide and advise all those who believe in Him. He intercedes God on their behalf. Psalms 48:14 writes: "For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death."
THE PRINCE OF PEACE
1. Acts 10:36
- "The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ:"
2. Romans 5:1
- "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:"
3. Ephesians 2:14
- "For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and had broken down the middle wall of partition between us."
4. Colossians 1:20
- "And having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven."
Isaiah the prophet had indeed spoken the truth in Isaiah 9:6 when he prophesied about the coming of the Messiah. It can be seen that Jesus is, indeed, the manifestation of God.
MUSLIM RESPONSE TO ISAIAH 9:6
Sami Zaatari wrote "Jesus the the Mighty God? An Examination of Isaiah 9:6."
"So thus we have established that the term mighty God, ?el gibbor is not an exclusive name or term for God alone.
"So therefore we must ask ourselves on what basis have the Trinitarian scholars mischievously translated the term into Mighty God, god with a capital G as if to refer to the true and all mighty God.
"So therefore a more accurate translation of Isaiah 9:6 should call the Messiah a mighty hero, or a mighty man, or a mighty god, god with a small g, which means a righteous servant or a mighty prophet. The Trinitarians have NO BASIS in translating ?el Gibbor as mighty GOD with a capital G.
"So in conclusion, Isaiah 9:6 proves nothing for a Trinitarian who believes in the divinity of Jesus. In fact I would say that Isaiah 9:6 is one of the WEAKEST arguments and position a Trinitarian can rely on."
ATTACK ON TRINITARIANS and not GOD'S MANIFESTATIONS
The attack is on Trinitarians and not on God's Manifestations of Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ. There is a definite demarcation between the two theories. The Trinitarians believe in Three persons in One whereas in God's Manifestations, there is only ONE TRUE GOD. The Holy Spirit is God's power to wield His authority and Jesus is God come down to earth in the flesh to help mankind to get back to worship God.
This is explained in John 1:1, 14
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we behold his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."
PROPHECY REGARDING JEWS
"No Jew ever believed that the Messiah would be God."
STATEMENT is completely wrong. Jews for Jesus are Jews and so are Messianic Jews and there are thousands of Jews who believe that the Messiah would be God.
"Jews for Jesus take mainstream Christian positions that Jesus is the Messiah, that his coming was prophesied in the Tanach, and that Jesus is the son of God, the second person of theTrinity."
"As of 1993 there were 160,000 adherents of Messianic Judaism in the United States and 350,000 worldwide. As of 2003, there were at least 150 Messianic synagogues in the U.S. and over 400 worldwide. By 2008, the number of Messianics in the United States was around a quarter million. The number of Messianic Jews in Israel is reported to be anywhere between 6,000 and 15,000 members 
The Muslims also claimed that no Jew believes that Jesus is the Messiah. See what Romans 11:25 say: "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits: that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in." The number of the Gentiles to be saved is not yet reached, so the Jews will not accept Jesus. The battle of Armageddon (final battle against evil) has not yet been fought (Rev. 16:14,16).
The evidence given has been overwhelming and convincing that Jesus is, indeed, the manifestation of God, the reference to the Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. The Muslim response is absolutely wrong and without merit.
May God opened the eyes of everyone who read this and guide them to the truth. The gospel of Jesus Christ is an open book to all with an open mind to seek God. Praise the Lord God and His manifestation, Jesus Christ!
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you" (Matthew 7:8).
Prophecy: Isaiah 9:6: God's Manifestation: Jesus Christ
Do you believe that Jesus is the manifestation of God?
GOD'S MANIFESTATIONS: THE HOLY SPIRIT AND JESUS CHRIST http://hubpages.com/hub/godsmanifestationsholyspiritjesuschrist
GOD'S MANIFESTATION: HOLY SPIRIT (SYMBOLISM) (1) WATER http://hubpages.com/hub/holyspiritsymbolismwater
GOD'S MANIFESTATION: HOLY SPIRIT (SYMBOLISM) (2) FIRE http://hubpages.com/hub/godsmanifestationholyspiritsymbolismfire
GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT is JESUS' HOLY SPIRIT http://hubpages.com/hub/godholyspiritisjesusholyspirit
PROPHECY: ISAIAH 9:6 GOD'S MANIFESTATION- JESUS CHRIST http://hubpages.com/hub/prophecyisaiah9-6godsmanifestationjesus
THE HOLY SPIRIT EMPOWERS 4 WOMEN in EXORCISM http://hubpages.com/hub/holyspiritempowers4womenexorcism
- Prophecy : Isaiah 4:1 - Seven Women and One Man
Isaiah, one of the major prophets prophesied about 740 B.C. when King Uzziah died (Isaiah 6:1). He prophesied in Judah for more than 40 years during a period of moral and political upheaval. The Book of...
- JESUS CHRIST: The Fulfillment of the Promises of God...
We will be seeing in this series that God is the same powerful and delivering God that we read about in the Old Testament. All the promises of God find their yes and amen in Jesus Christ. Christ is the purpose of all the ages. Without Christ everythi
© 2008 einron