2016 NFL Mock Draft 2.0
1) Los Angeles Rams: Jared Goff QB California Jared Goff or Carson Wentz? Whoever they choose, running back Todd Gurley will still get carries as his new quarterback develops. Goff looks to be a lock for the Rams anyway.
2) Philadelphia Eagles: DeForest Buckner DL Oregon The Eagles trade up and not get a quarterback? That is absurd. However, adding Buckner to the defensive line will help their defense be a dominant force in the NFC East.
3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jalen Ramsey CB/S Florida State The San Diego Chargers trade their first pick to the Buccaneers. Tampa quarterback Jameis Winston said earlier in April that he would like the Bucs to draft his former Florida State teammate even if it meant that he had to take a pay cut. The secondary gets better here.
4) Dallas Cowboys: Ezekiel Elliott RB Ohio State Despite the Cowboys finishing ninth in the league in offensive rushing yards, there were no difference makers once Romo got hurt. Elliott will help out their offense a ton and keep Romo and whoever their future quarterback is healthy.
5) Jacksonville Jaguars: Vernon Hargreaves CB Florida Despite his size and the signing of Prince Amukamara, Hargreaves has the competitiveness and play making ability to help out the Jaguars in their division.
6) Baltimore Ravens: Laremy Tunsil OT Ole Miss A number one pick in the draft before the Titans' trade, the Ravens get a bit of a discount on Tunsil who can help the offensive line.
7) San Francisco 49ers: Myles Jack LB UCLA Although Jack is listed as an outside linebacker, I can see him play alongside NaVorro Bowman at inside linebacker. He could be someone who will be placed at different spots on the field.
8) Cleveland Browns: LaQuan Treadwell WR Ole Miss Learning the success Cincinnati had in 2011 and beyond when they drafted a wide receiver first instead of a quarterback, the Browns could do something similar.
9) San Diego Chargers: Ronnie Stanley OT Notre Dame Philip Rivers has been sacked 106 times in the past 3 seasons.
10) New York Giants: Eli Apple CB Ohio State Apple will give depth to the secondary and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie just turned 30.
11) Chicago Bears: A'Shawn Robinson DL Alabama Robinson's size and potential could help Chicago get back to being a feared defense.
12) New Orleans Saints: Joey Bosa DE Ohio State Joey Bosa falls to New Orleans due to the desire by other teams.
13) Miami Dolphins: Kevin Dodd DE Clemson The run of defensive linemen ends at Miami. Tom Brady will want to play for another few seasons so Miami will need to pressure him.
14) Oakland Raiders: Reggie Ragland ILB Alabama Ragland locks up the middle linebacker spot. A scary sight to see him and Khalil Mack.
15) Tennessee Titans: Jack Conklin OT Michigan State Best offensive lineman available. The Titans come away with Conklin who could strengthen the right tackle position. The picks they get in return will be helpful too.
16) Detroit Lions: Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville Haloti Ngata isn't getting any younger. Rankins should help fill in nicely.
17) Atlanta Falcons: Leonard Floyd OLB Georgia Atlanta gets another pass rusher.
18) Indianapolis Colts: Taylor Decker OT Ohio State Andrew Luck will be thankful for this selection.
19) Buffalo Bills: Robert Nkemdiche DT Ole Miss A head-scratching selection to some, but Rex Ryan will get the best out of Nkemdiche.
20) New York Jets: Darron Lee OLB Ohio State Outside linebacker Calvin Pace won't be playing much longer.
21) Washington Redskins: Jarran Reed DL Alabama Reed will strengthen the interior of the defensive line.
22) Houston Texans: Hunter Henry TE Arkansas A safety blanket for new quarterback Brock Osweiler in case wideout DeAndre Hopkins is unavailable. Henry can help out the run game too due to his blocking.
23) Minnesota Vikings: Josh Doctson WR TCU Teddy Bridgewater needs another red zone target to throw to. Doctson just might be the best receiver on their board.
24) Cincinnati Bengals: Will Fuller WR Notre Dame Bengals needs a receiver and Fuller will give Andy Dalton some options.
25) Pittsburgh Steelers: William Jackson III CB Houston Helps out the Steelers secondary in a much needed way.
26) Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Kelly C Alabama Kelly seems like the best value pick for Seattle and the offensive line.
27) Green Bay Packers: Artie Burns CB Miami (FL) Burns will add depth to the corner position.
28) Dallas Cowboys: Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State The Cowboys trade with the Kansas City Chiefs to get their future quarterback.
29) Los Angeles Rams: Michael Thomas WR Ohio State After Dallas jumps over the Cardinals to get Wentz, Arizona looks for a trade partner since no one else is of value. The Rams come calling and get a potential number one receiver for Jared Goff.
30) Carolina Panthers: Shaq Lawson DE Clemson Carolina will need a pass rusher once free agency hits in 2017.
31) Denver Broncos: Joshua Garnett OG Stanford The Broncos will look to add a guard with their first round pick. They could add a defensive player with this pick too.