- Sports and Recreation»
- Theme Parks & Roller Coasters
Visiting Disney's Epcot
If you have visited Epcot, which is your favorite ride?
Walt Disney World’s Epcot, also known as Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, is one of four Disney parks. The park celebrates human achievement in culture and technology innovation. Epcot opened on October 1, 1982, 10 years after Magic Kingdom.
Epcot is divided into two themed sections. The front section is known as Future World and this is where you will find all the park rides and attractions based on energy, communication, Earth, imagination, transportation and space exploration. The back section is known as World Showcase and this is where you will find eleven pavilions which represent one country each. Enjoy strolling through Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, the United States, Japan, Morocco, France, the United Kingdom, and Canada with fine dining, entertainment and unique shopping. Right before closing at the World Showcase, you can enjoy “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” a light and fireworks show.
Just like all of Disney’s parks, their dining options include counter service, quick bite snacks, table service and character dining. Specialty restaurants are located in each country to give you a taste of each culture.
Epcot's most popular rides and attractions:
- Spaceship Earth: To think this ride is 30 years old and how much of a reality it has become. After entering "Spaceship Earth" you are taken on a ride where you witness milestones in communications from the early ages of the caveman to our time now, space exploration.
- Ellen's Energy Adventure: In this ride, you travel back in time with Ellen DeGeneres as your narrator exploring why energy is everywhere and in everything around us. It also features Bill Nye the Science Guy and Jaime Lee Curtis.
- Mission SPACE: This is an out of this world ride that launches you into space and gives you a first-hand impression of what it is like to be an astronaut. Inside you will also find the Advanced Training Lab where you can play games and get space themed souvenirs.
- Test Track: This ride buckles you into a fast moving car which can go as fast as 65 miles per hour. Inside you will find a siminulated test lab with test dummies and damaged cars.
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends is where you will find the clamshell shape ride of Finding Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush, Bruce's Shark World and a large saltwater tank, which holds over 5 million gallons of water.
- SOARIN': This ride gives you the sensation of actually soaring through the sky while showing you great views of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransisco and Yosemite Park. I believe it is Epcot's most popular ride. I would recommend getting a fast pass for this ride. It is located in The Land Pavilion along with Living with the Land boat ride and The Circle of Life, a movie.
Once you've enjoyed the attractions in Future World, it's time to see the World Showcase which includes the countries of Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, USA, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom and Canada.
Mexico: The attraction in Mexico is the Gran Fiesta Tour starring The Three Caballeros, a boat ride which is great fun. There are stores for shopping and a sit down restaurant for Mexican fine dining called San Angel Inn. Outside you will find La Hacienda De San Angel which offers tacos, churros, margaritas, and Dos Equis beer. This is a great location to view the firework show at the end of the night.
Norway: In Norway you will find the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall restaurant which offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a Princess Storybook Dining experience with the Disney Princesses and their friends. They also offer a Viking adventure boat ride inside the Maelstrom.
China: China offers you a film presentation called Reflections of China and there is a quick service menu of authentic Chinese food at the Lotus Blossom Cafe such as eggrolls, lo mein, and orange chicken. For a fine dining restaurant you have the Nine Dragons Restaurant. Both have great tasting food.
Germany: If your a fan of enjoying a great tasting beer with an authentic bratwurst, Germany is the place for you. Each time we visit Germany we share a beer, bratwurst and pretzel and take home one of their glass steins as a souvenir.
Italy: We love to take pictures in this area. The architecture is reminiscent of Italy with it's own Neptune fountain. Fine dining can also be found at Tutto Italia Ristorante or Via Napoli. This is a great photo spot since you can see all of the lake that divides Future World and World Showcase.
USA: The attraction in USA is a theatrical show called The American Adventure. Here you can also enjoy a cheeseburger, hot dog, or chicken tenders at the Liberty Inn. Next door you can shop for historical items such as the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.
Japan: I love Japan for their shopping. They carry Bonsai trees, Samurai swords and authentic Japanese clothing. There is also two restaurants to dine at, Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining which serve sushi, seafood, steak, and Kirin beer.
Morocco: Morocco offers you a chance to see belly dancers at their restaurant Marrakesh. They serve foods such as roast lamb, couscous and Harria soup.
France: In France you can enjoy fine shopping and dining at their Les Chefs de France or Bistro de Paris restaurants. Take a break and have a coffee and French pastry. You can also view a motion picture called Impressions de France which offers you a look into the French countryside. Here they have great gifts to take home such as perfumes and fine wines.
United Kingdom: What I love about the United Kingdom is their tea store. There is such a variety of teas, teapots and biscuits for you to buy and enjoy at home. For dining sample a tasty draft beer at the Rose & Crown Pub or authentic fish and chips at Harry Ramsden.
Canada: Canada offers you a film presentation that we truly enjoyed called O Canada!. They also have a fine dining restaurant called Le Cellier Steakhouse. If you plan to eat here I would request a dining reservation, it's usually full. They serve steaks, pasta and seafood.
Epcot is a great park to visit if you want to have fun and learn new things. One of our favorite places to go is The Garden Grill a character dining restaurant in The Land with a rotating dining room. Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie visit your table several times. Also be sure to find the Kidcot Fun Stops, where children are given a mask to decorate and a stamp from each country.