Is Camping and boating better to do in the Summer when it's warm here in North D

1. profile image49
    Candy Beauclairposted 8 years ago

Is Camping and boating better to do in the Summer when it's warm here in North Dakota or the Winter.

I enjoy the wonderful outdoors. I love to go camping and get away from the cities. I enjoy boating, tubing, fishing, and just relaxing in the sun. I got to work on my tan you know. My kids are learning all about the outdoor advantages. My nine year old loves to tube something about flying across the water excites her, my eleven year old would rather go fishing, and my six year old would just love to play in the water and have a good time. We all learn new things about our outdoor adventures every time we go. We need to have the right size gear to fit everyone needs, our tents need to be strong

2. 321gofish profile image57
    321gofishposted 8 years ago

Camping and boating with the family can be some of the best times of your lives no matter where you live.
    There are so many activities for everyone, fishing, hiking, biking, backpacking, picnicking and nature watching.

There are no TV's, video games etc. Just quality bonding time you spend with your loved ones.
    Sure it's a lot of work to set up a good campsite. With setting up the tent, gathering firewood. making sleeping arangements and such.
    Just thinking back as a child myself sitting by the glow of the campfire roasting marshmallows making smors and telling scary stories really brings back good memories for me.
    Children today just don't get the opportunity to get back to nature, most parents are too busy with their jobs and other daily duties to take the time to plan a weekend getaway outdoors.
    My hat is off to you for wanting to spend this time with your family.
    I Like camping during the mid spring, early summer and early fall times of the year.
    Camping during the heat of summer is ok, but sleeping in 90 + degree temps with a high humidy is miserable for anyone young or old.
    In the winter the temps can dip dangerously low, hypothermia can effect some in the group when temps get below freezing, so I would not recommend winter time outdoor camping no matter where you live.
    Pretty much anytime is a good time for camping, the main thing is being with the ones you love and spending quality time with them listening and learning from all the things in nature going on all around you.
    Best of luck and always be safe!

3. fishtiger58 profile image77
    fishtiger58posted 8 years ago

Before I had kids my husband and I loved to camp in the spring and the fall. The campgrounds were quiet and we met a lot of wonderful retired people who populate the campgrounds. Many many times we were the only boat on the lake and that makes for great fishing. Now we have kids and we have to go camping while they are out of school in the summer. If you can take the heat, its also wonderful out there. There are other kids for your kids to play with when the family is not out hiking, fishing or swimming. Now as to when is a good time to do these activities in North Dakota, well my dad is from North Dakota and I know it can get really really cold out there, so camping might be a bit much. But there are still wonderful activities you can do in the winter. My favorite is ice fishing. Make sure the ice is safe that being at least 4 inches thick and that you are dressed for the weather so you don't get frostbite, and have a wonderful time.

working