jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does baseball need an NFL-style replay, or is bad officiating still OK in 2009?

1. pendell2 profile image63
    pendell2posted 8 years ago

Does baseball need an NFL-style replay, or is bad officiating still OK in 2009?

2. Dark knight rides profile image75
    Dark knight ridesposted 8 years ago

Well, since it's already in place for questionable home run calls, I suppose it makes sense to use it for other things, but I don't like in in football, so i can't see how it would really help the game. The game moves slowly as it is and I think that if they pause it for bad calls, there will be fewer fans who are willing to sit for the extra time.

3. artjr profile image55
    artjrposted 8 years ago

As it is already, the game moves quite slowly.  Instituting instant replay into the game would slow the game even more.  Could you imagine instant replay on every third strike, or fourth ball called?  That would really slow the game by half an hour to an hour.  That would result in fewer and fewer fans going to the ballpark.

4. fowler01 profile image59
    fowler01posted 8 years ago

Replay should be extended to plays at the plate and it should be reviewed by an official in a box. That official would then call down to the Umps and give them the correct call. There should be, if there isn't already, a replay committee. This committee should be in charge of choosing a panel of replay officials who are then put in charge of the replays for the season. Any, and all, replays should then be reviewed by the commissioners office to make sure there isn't any fowl play.

working