jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who was better as a college freshman, Kentucky's John Wall or Memphis' Derrick R

1. Mike Lickteig profile image85
    Mike Lickteigposted 8 years ago

Who was better as a college freshman, Kentucky's John Wall or Memphis' Derrick Rose?

Sports media is currently comparing Kentucky freshman John Wall to Derrick Rose, and some have even compared Wall to Isiah Thomas or Magic Johnson.  Are these comparisons legitimate?  Why or why not?

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 8 years ago

It's too early to tell.  Derrick Rose took his team deep into the NCAAs.  John Wall has led his team to an early strong record with a few close games.  No doubt JW is as athletic as they come.  Did anyone see the left handed dunk against Indiana this weekend.  Explosive.  Although, my wife pointed out that he had an easy assist and instead took it himself.  Selfish?  Maybe.  But.  Incredibly athletic. Yes.

3. Rent It Today profile image60
    Rent It Todayposted 8 years ago

I'd say John Wall is a better player.  He is more athletic, and a better shooter.  I believe John Wall could be one of the greatest players in the history of Basketball...all comparisons are legitimate, however speculation.

4. Playground4ever profile image52
    Playground4everposted 8 years ago

Right now I would have to say Rose.  He led his team to the Championship game.  Wall is very special but I want to see what he does in the tourney before I compare him to Rose.

5. profile image30
    cipriano000posted 7 years ago

jonh wall he did a great season

6. Shane KY profile image60
    Shane KYposted 6 years ago

I am a UK fan, born with the Blue Blood because I was born in KY. BUT the better player has to be Derrick Rose. Rose led his team to the Championship, but then Wall is more athletic and has some monster dunks. The better player has to be Rose due to his impact at Memphis.