jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should college football have a bracketed playoff system to determine a national

1. jaywhite2000 profile image60
    jaywhite2000posted 7 years ago

Should college football have a bracketed playoff system to determine a national championship?

Frustrated undefeated teams want to know.

2. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

yes it would make way more sense than the curent system.

3. revortay1 profile image65
    revortay1posted 7 years ago

I believe that it would make the system more "fair" how ever there is something to be said about the current system. It just makes it college football.

4. rocco dantona profile image57
    rocco dantonaposted 7 years ago

Absolutely not.  The majority of the draw of college football is that the entire season is the playoffs.  Ever watch an NFL or NBA team after they've clinched their division title?  It's a joke.  Ever skip the first month of the NBA or NFL?  It doesn't matter if you do, everybody's still in it.  In college, you have to win every single game to stay relevant, and you have to do so convincingly against quality teams.  With a simple boring conference winner face-off tournament, you lose half the drama.  Just look at Week 2 of the 2010 season: Florida State at Oklahoma, Michigan at Notre Dame, Penn State at Alabama, Miami at Ohio State and Oregon at Tennessee.  Nowhere in any sport on the planet will you see lineups that early in the season that can matter so much.  Nowhere.

5. Michael C. Hall profile image59
    Michael C. Hallposted 7 years ago

Yes, of course.  Sports championships should always be decided on the field! 

"Rocco Dantona" makes the argument that it would decrease interest in College football.  I disagree. 

I believe that a playoff system built into the current AP/USA Today polling & Bowl system would increase interest and lend credibility to the Div. I National Championship.  A simple plus one or two playoff system would be far more credible than the system they have now.

The current system is severely biased towards the "Automatic Qualifier" teams and allows very little possibility for "Non-Automatic" Qualifier teams to play their way into the championship game.

For more on the Bias of the BCS, see my article at http://hubpages.com/hub/The-BCS-Choosin … l-Champion

6. samtenabray profile image61
    samtenabrayposted 6 years ago

Yeah i think that would be better and more exciting

working