jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Bad refereeing quality affect match between England v Germany & Mexico v Argenti

1. realrazi profile image59
    realraziposted 7 years ago

Bad refereeing quality affect match between England v Germany & Mexico v Argentina...

Why this kind of thing happen in World Cup???

2. scramble profile image64
    scrambleposted 7 years ago

Although Germany were, by far, the better team, had the goal stood, it would have been 2-2 and perhaps England would not have had to press so as to leave the big gaps that were exploited for the 3rd and 4th German goals.

As far as that Tevez goal, that was way offside but this kind of error is more common and, perhaps, a little more forgivable given the nature of offside. This too could have made a difference in the match.

I understand the reasons for not introducing technology to help with these decisions, but things must change. Think about the tools available and used by the analysts. They can freeze frame, change location, everything is mapped. When we can go back and look at every little detail later, it means that there is more accountability on the referees. TO be fair to them, they are doing a very difficult job and they are human but they do need a little help.

The goal line technology needs to be implemented and it is my prediction that it will be in place before the next European Championships in 2 years. There was similar controversy about the magic beam that they now use in tennis to monitor the line on the service box.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I didn't bother to watch Arg v Mex, so I don't know.
    Eng v Ger, if that appalling decision hadn't have been made, at 2 - 2, England may have had a chance, but as they've been abysmal all through these finals, doubt if they would have stirred any enthusiasm into their game.

4. telltale profile image77
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Apparently, the standard of refereeing has gone down tremendously... does this mean, that we can't get good referees, and have to resort to second and third rated ones who either turn a blind eye or have serious eye defects - maybe they should all go for stringent eye test before taking up positions as referees.

5. samman profile image59
    sammanposted 7 years ago

Bad refereeing aways affect matches and it is bad for the game. Hopefully FIFA will do something about it sooner rather than later.