jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever seen or heard of a bicyclist getting a speeding ticket from a poli

1. Dr Ken Romeo profile image59
    Dr Ken Romeoposted 7 years ago

Have you ever seen or heard of a bicyclist getting a speeding ticket from a police officer? And...

what kind of a loser would that person be?

2. Nick B profile image82
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

When you say loser, do you mean the policeman or the cyclist?

I have had a warning for what the police considered speeding on a bicycle, but I didn't get a ticket. At the time, the police didn't have the wherewithal to check motorists or cyclists with the speed guns like they can now, so I got away with it.

And yes, I was definitely speeding. I consider myself a winner not a loser.

3. glenn wallace profile image74
    glenn wallaceposted 7 years ago

Nick B is right. Bicyclists are subject to all the rules of the road, which includes observing speed limits where applicable.

You can also be given a  DUI on a bicycle... not that I'd know anything about that!

4. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I don't personally know anyone that has gotten a speeding ticket on a bike, though I'm sure they're around. My best friend in high school and I did get pulled over while riding bikes once for "impeding traffic" even though we were obeying all the traffic laws and keeping up with the flow of traffic fairly well. We asked the police officer where we were supposed to ride instead since it's illegal to ride bikes on the sidewalk here, and we needed to get to the other end of town. Having no answer, he let us go...I suspect the police here are just bored.

Closed to reply