jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How did you lower your golf handicap?

1. Louisiana girl profile image57
    Louisiana girlposted 7 years ago

How did you lower your golf handicap?

Did you got to a golf school, practice on the range, short game, chipping, etc?

2. profile image53
    PuzzledinNCposted 7 years ago

I played college golf and professionally from 2000-2007.  I feel qualified to answer this question. 

The easiest way to lower your handicap is to improve your game from 100 yards and in.  This takes a lot of practice.  Think of how many strokes you waste just around the greens.  How many putts do you miss inside of 5 feet?  Just improving your putting alone can lower your handicap by a few strokes.

Find a local teaching professional that you feel comfortable with (there are many women teachers if you feel more comfortable with them).  Set up lessons and then practice what you learn on your own between scheduled lessons.  With hard work and accepting what they are trying to teach you, you will become successful and shoot lower scores. 

Let me know if I can answer any other golf related questions.

Hubuser-PuzzledinNC

3. Ren Chin profile image83
    Ren Chinposted 7 years ago

not to sound flip, but the simplest answer is to improve your game, consistently.  Handicap is calculated based on your scores.

4. bettergolfswing profile image65
    bettergolfswingposted 6 years ago

Course management and club distance knowledge helped me.  By knowing each of your club distances you can essentially play the hole backwards.  Example: If my most accurate club is my 7-iron and I hit it 160 yards, I will calculate how far to hit my tee shot to give me a 160 yard shot to the green.  It may not always be a driver off the tee.  Make sense?

working