jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you have high cholesterol? If yes what did you do to lower your numbers?

1. Simon Lam profile image94
    Simon Lamposted 5 years ago

Do you have high cholesterol?  If yes what did you do to lower your numbers?

2. GiblinGirl profile image83
    GiblinGirlposted 5 years ago

I actually do have slightly high cholesterol.  My dad has it and so do both of my sisters so it's pretty much a genetic thing.  I never eat fast food and really don't eat much junk food at all.  Plus I'm on the treadmill daily so there's not really much else I can do to combat it.  I'm sure that one day I'll probably end up on Lipitor like my dad.

3. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 5 years ago

I did have high cholesterol but since taking a statin drug the numbers are back to normal and have been for ten years. Do you best to keep control without using drugs if possible. Sometimes we can help by changing our lifestyles but when the main cause is genetic the options are not as plentiful. The statin drugs do a great job but I would love to stop taking them and have my cholesterol normal. Good luck and keep a watch on the numbers and don't give up trying to control them through diet and exercise.

4. profile image55
    waseemjaforposted 5 years ago

Hi Simon,

How re you? I guess u fully well...

Yeah i think you have to reduce taking meat since meat has high cholesterol...

Of course another advise may be to exercise regularly. .

working