jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

why would someone think that if you don't know a cricket player your not of this

1. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

why would someone think that if you don't know a cricket player your not of this world?

a question was asked about some guy and someone commented that if we didn't know who this guy was were not of this world. isn't it kind of strange to think the world revolves around someone from your country?

2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

They are called anoraks, they have no vision beyond the end of a cricket bat and presume that the rest of the world should be the same.
    Of course, it is quite a compliment to be referred to as unworldly.

3. MarlonC profile image61
    MarlonCposted 7 years ago

Hard to judge without knowing who commented, where they were from and so forth.  The key detail is of course what you mean by strange - unusual, or illogical in the Vulcan sense of the word? If it's the former, then since most people are not particularly well-travelled the answer is no.  I had never heard of Mario Lemieux until about three years ago, when I recall getting a reaction much as you describe!

4. Christine P Ann profile image75
    Christine P Annposted 7 years ago

Cricket is so boring. Especially to watch. I might have enjoyed playing it as a kid but there is so much more in life to enjoy.

5. Anjili profile image83
    Anjiliposted 7 years ago

We do not have to know everybody. Excuse your pal for their myopic point of view.

6. SpiffyD profile image83
    SpiffyDposted 6 years ago

It is really absurd - especially when one considers that only few persons are famous worldwide. And even global superstars might not be known by some. Cricket (oh please!). I can't believe someone would act as though cricketers should be renowned and famous. Just within a section of the Commonwealth.

working