jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Skateboarding embarrassments

1. profile image45
    csklposted 7 years ago

Skateboarding embarrassments

ok so im just starting skateboarding and dont wanna make an idiot of myself in public... so if im practicing things in a public skateboard park with loads of older more advanced and trained skills then im gunna look a rite idiot wen im fallin ova all the time and probly get too embarassed and leave so any ideas ???

2. DaNoblest profile image60
    DaNoblestposted 7 years ago

Everyone has to start somewhere. Skating is all about having fun and pushing your own abilities. Who cares what the others think. Focus on your skating and not them. Those who just sit and watch the whole time usually dont know how to skate anyways.

Look at it like this...people may laugh now but when you become good they will want to be like you. The only way you will get good is to practice and keep skating.

3. profile image45
    csklposted 7 years ago

thanks for answeing my question and making me feel more confident , do u suggest that I bring a mate ova wiv me cus im like 14 goin on 15 and these other ppl are like 17 - 18 years old plus im a girl and am gunna look like a right wimp lol??? If I do go practice how do you suggest I start, any tips ? thanks again smile)

4. cubesz profile image61
    cubeszposted 6 years ago

when I practice skateboarding, I just do the same thing over and over again, until I get it right. When I just started skateboarding, I would do an Ollie over and over until I got it right. even more complicated tricks like kick flips, I would just do it over and over and over.

working