jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Will the New York Mets be relevant this year? If not, when?

1. JayDeck profile image70
    JayDeckposted 7 years ago

Will the New York Mets be relevant this year? If not, when?

2. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 7 years ago

not for awhile, reyes and wright could be gone by the trade deadline!!!

3. Benmox19 profile image54
    Benmox19posted 7 years ago

No the New York Mets will not be relevant this year. The main reason is... EVERYTHING. Their pitching is not good enough to be considered mediocre and the defense is almost as bad as the pitching. The only possible bright spot is the offense. They have some speed at the top of the order and a decent middle of the lineup combo of Wright, Beltran, and Davis. The Mets do have some good pitching prospects in the minor leagues that could become major league ballplayers in the next few seasons. I happened to see a Binghamton Mets game last night (AA ball) and they got a stellar performance from a lefty starter, i believe he racked up 15 K's! So with the development of some young pitchers, and maybe the addition of some solid all around hitters and fielders, the Mets could be relevant in two to three seasons.

4. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

I thought they were chased out of town by the Yanks and their own fan (all 2 of them)    :-)

5. hottopics profile image55
    hottopicsposted 6 years ago

As a life long Mets fan I must say I have been disappointed for a while now. Even the Mets teams that did not do well, always had good pitching. That is no longer the case. There are only 5 people I would keep and would get rid of everyone else and start again. I think it would take an ownership change before the Mets become relevant again.

working